Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative 3rd party stats...

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Dyyryath
    Those stats are really looking good, pfb! Very nice work!
    cheers - never designed them to be as thorough as yours were - or even to be for all the teams (but after you took your's offline I thought I'd see how well it scaled)...

one of the main requirements of the stats was to be as small as possible (in terms of resources) - I think I've managed that with the DB behind the stats currently sitting at 135MB (130MB of which is the conquest data)...

Still some way to go though

Boinc'ing away
    the dfTag Control Panel (cPanel) is currently undergoing Beta testing with my team...here's how it looks at the moment (after each settings submission the 3 dfTag graphics update so that you can see how it looks on neutral, light and dark backgrounds):

I am hoping to shift to a proper host in the next 2 weeks - during which time dfTag cPanel will be tested - hopefully I can move from Beta to Gamma testing then

Boinc'ing away
    New page (still being worked on in terms of the graphs...): http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php (link is on the main team pages)

I am now capturing the stats for the ETC calculation - show be showing in a few updates for the hourly-based ETC, and a day or 2 for the daily-based ETC...

You'll notice the total structures completed I have is different from the total structures completed on the main DF site - this is due to the disparity I am picking up between the stats and the tarball (it seems the stats pages are slightly older (stats-wise) than the tarball)...

On http://anteater.blueprint.org/cgi-bin/trajstore , I'm listed as being in 35th place. On http://statsman.ww-testsites.co.uk/d...ats/users.html , I'm listed as being in 34th place. And on http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/Show_users.php , I'm listed as being in 33rd place.
    For some reason, PhilTheDrill is missing from 26th place.

Is the official stat wrong, or is there another person missing from the top of the stats list?
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Boinc'ing away
    I don't process teamless users as quite a few do not have unique IDs so that may be why there is a difference between the official DF stats and mine - and Philthedrill is part of the teamless user set...

I am trying to figure a why of incorporating them into my stats framework but without a unique UID it maybe impossible...

As for the disparity between Statsman and mine, iirc Statsman is updated every 4 hours, mine is with every update and so may introduce a disparity as mine would be more recent in some circumstances...

aha!

PhilTheDrill doesn't show up on your stats because he's a teamless user; and the Beowulf cluster doesn't show up in either your stats page (because it's a teamless user) or Statsman's (because it doesn't have a name).

We need to get Howard or Elena to give that beowulf cluster a name so it shows up in 3rd party stats..

And ask that everyone be given an individual UID; whether in a team or not..
    Perhaps it's time to add something like: If name = "" then name = "None"? (Either by the project - or by the 3rd party stats pages.)

Thanks.. knowing who the phantoms are makes it much easier to deal with..

Boinc'ing away
    I've posted a request for UIDs to be unique...once they are it should be fairly easy to process the Teamless user group as well...

As to the not having a name, I can always post-process (as I do for empty organisation entries)...

I think I remember reading Howard's comments on the UID issue a long, long time ago. Supposedly, if you delete your name, you become "anonymous" - and thus your UID doesn't show up in the stats reports.

If the UID=0; can the current stats be the only thing represented on a chart or listing? i.e. no history represented?

Boinc'ing away
    I do use everyone's info for the summary page but due to the relational setup of the db, there's not much I can do as it stands...

I am going to have another look at some point to see how the teamless users can be integrated to the main stats...

Boinc'ing away
    Howard has posted the reasoning behind those UID = 0 and Name = None...what i might do is parse the teamless users but only take the UID > 0 ones which should make the stats a bit more realistic...I might even recode slightly to allow UID = 0 to be summarised but they definately won't be tracked historically...

Boinc'ing away
    I've changed RMS to pseudo-energy to be in line with the DF stats...I'll change that back to RMS when appropiate....

Boinc'ing away
    also changed the target from 10,000,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 in line with the Stats page on the Blueprint site...(this only affects the Summary page)

Boinc'ing away
    fixed a bug with the showing of the top 3 RMS on the main index pages - it shoudl show 1) multiple top RMS within a team correctly (ie. if a team has 1 and 3 top energy then they will have a Gold and Bronze star) and 2) ordering of top 3 energy where teams have the same energy should match the Blueprint stats...(should only matter for non-RMS proteins)...

Hi,
    Noticed something on your nice statpage.

DPC stats:
    249 -1 5,484 Pedro ([NOT SET]) 0 0 0 0 99.999 0.00

actual listing =
    #249. Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez Dutch Power Cows 0 10,582,336 99.999

Maybe the # messes it up?

Boinc'ing away
    the # (along with the . that is a few chars along) is messing it up - it shouldn't but as not many people have that as part of their name it's not easily seen...

I'll have a look and see how to workaround it
    Last edited by pfb; 07-12-2004 at 06:03 PM.

Boinc'ing away
    Summary page is now split into 3:

Protein progress

Top 10 teams

Top 10 producers

plus there is the Top 50 pseudo energy/RMS scores page...

pfb, I just mentioned this in another thread on the Free-DC board, but I thought I'd say it again here. I was looking at your stats tonight and I think they're really, really good. The layout is exceptionally clean & orderly and the structure is quite sensible. The code must be pretty good, too, as they render pretty quickly.

That's really top notch work you're doing!
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Boinc'ing away

thanks for the comments

/edit

just checked and the stats are using just under 90MB of space (87MB of that is conquest data) - this is less than I expected but nice to see

wrt speed - maybe the AMD64 3200+ (@ 3400+ speeds) is helping...have noticed a performance increase since I shifted the platform (was on a dual 2600+)...

Last edited by pfb; 07-25-2004 at 08:43 PM.

Boinc'ing away
    added links to the following:

team 24 hour stats: links to 7 day and main team stats
    team 7 day stats: links to 24 hour and main team stats
    mini-team stats: link to main team stats

--

will try and add links on the name and team name for the top x pseudo energy score page, the top 10 (last update) and top 10 (last 24 hours) tables in the next day or so...and also add the colour coding to the 24 hour/7 day stats pages...

---

suggestions on any new stats is welcome (user feedback is always helpful) - I am hoping to expand to a 'last 4 weeks' view soon as well as a multi-user comparison page (the functionality is there but not the means to show it easily). Also going to try and finalise the dfTag cPanel (for some reason it is broken under PHP 5)...

So far, hosting off my home connection has been fine (expect for a period where MSNBot crawled 1.9GB in 6 hours )...but I am looking around to shift it of so I can avoid the downtime I had last week (just need a host that allows me to run PHP scripts for 3-5 minutes)...

In the meantime, enjoy the stats - I know I am (from a coding/learning point of view - this is my first PHP project and I think it's going well )
    Last edited by pfb; 07-26-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Sneaker pimp
    Originally posted by pfb
    suggestions on any new stats is welcome (user feedback is always helpful)
    Can you put a 'sort' feature on? So on the weekly stats for the team I can click Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever & it'll sort the list in to who uploaded most for the day?

Cheers bunny

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Jay
    Can you put a 'sort' feature on? So on the weekly stats for the team I can click Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever & it'll sort the list in to who uploaded most for the day?

Cheers bunny
    it's there for the 7 day view - might put it on the 24 hour view at some point....

Killer page!!!!!!! I love the graphs and all the extra info it gives! Points per upload... points perday... the conquest data... all of it great!!!!

Hi,

Your stats page is awesome but I thought you might be interested in a small bug I found.

Currently, when a user that is coming up on the conquest list has the same name as a user that is higher on the conquest list and they are on the same team, the list picks the higher one to put on the list.

Example, if there is a user at 1890 that has a conquest coming up at 1880 and that user is none on team Ars Technica, and there is another user none on team Ars Technica at position 475 overall, the conquest will pull the one from 475 into the report. It may be that the search is doing a descending search instead of an ascending one (or vice versa depending on your code logic).

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I can barely imagine the amount of effort that went into the page but the result is really nice.

Thanks for the work.

Donny
    on to ...

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by marica69
    Hi,

Your stats page is awesome but I thought you might be interested in a small bug I found.

Currently, when a user that is coming up on the conquest list has the same name as a user that is higher on the conquest list and they are on the same team, the list picks the higher one to put on the list.

Example, if there is a user at 1890 that has a conquest coming up at 1880 and that user is none on team Ars Technica, and there is another user none on team Ars Technica at position 475 overall, the conquest will pull the one from 475 into the report. It may be that the search is doing a descending search instead of an ascending one (or vice versa depending on your code logic).

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I can barely imagine the amount of effort that went into the page but the result is really nice.

Thanks for the work.

Donny
    should be fixed now - was using name rather than UID to when showing threats and conquests (hangover from when it was just my team stats)...

Thumbs up

Originally posted by pfb
    should be fixed now - was using name rather than UID to when showing threats and conquests (hangover from when it was just my team stats)...
    Yes, that fixed it. You probably never had anyone so far down the list looking before

By the way, thanks for the sig code. Took me a while to find my TID but it is very nice too.
    on to ...

Boinc'ing away
    glad that fixed it (was just a minor change to do) and glad that you found the dfTag (the TID is the number when viewing your team stats on the DF site - if that helps for future reference)

Originally posted by pfb
    glad that fixed it (was just a minor change to do) and glad that you found the dfTag (the TID is the number when viewing your team stats on the DF site - if that helps for future reference)
    Yep, figured out what the TID was but could not figure out Endeavors number. Finally got it from your code (the URL of the team display)

Also, found another bug, i think...

I cannot quite nail down what it is but it appears right before and or right after a blank in the conquests page. IE if there is someone that you will overtake in the daily column but not in the hourly column. The ones jsut ahead or just behind are often out of sequence by several years (like jumping from July 2006 to Oct 2009 and then a few later, goes back to the July 2006.

Also, it does not do it on every one of the blanks. Feel free to look at mine for examples, there are several. (Not that you need permission from me to look at my stats/your code
    on to ...

Boinc'ing away
    it's not a bug

basically, the conquests and threats are shown by:

1) extracting the conquest/threats for the given UID (and limiting to TID if neccessary)
    2) parsed on conquest date and inserted into either the hourly or daily columns depending on type

this means that some hourly/daily conquests/threats may look out of place - looking at the opposite column should show a chronological date...

for example:

None is expected to be overtaken 16 Dec 2004 based on daily but 3 Mar 2005 based on hourly; the following entry has only a daily overtake...

hope that makes sense

It makes sense and all of the ones in my lists appear to comply with that logic. Sorry for the "false" alarm
    on to ...

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by marica69
    It makes sense and all of the ones in my lists appear to comply with that logic. Sorry for the "false" alarm
    that's ok - the conquests/threats may seem a bit odd if you have lots showing - the fact some in the opposite column may be earlier may make it look out of sequence...

thanks for the feedback btw

Sneaker pimp
    Originally posted by pfb
    it's there for the 7 day view - might put it on the 24 hour view at some point....
    Cheers matey

Boinc'ing away
    there may be some disruption with the stats during 13:00 and 18:00 GMT as I am adding some stuff (mainly to do with the teamless users)...also, some rankings may appear odd for an update or 2 whilst the teamless users get settled into the database...

hopefully, once all the teamless users are in the stats should be more accurate...

Boinc'ing away
    few hiccups but all the teamless people are now in (including those who have a UID of 0) - this should make the overall rank match the rank shown on your login page...

historical stats won't be calculated for the UID=0 Folders, but should start being collated for those with a UID > 0 - which should make the conquests/threats a bit more complete...

at the moment, the only place the teamless users will show is on the Show User pages - working on sorting out a teamless user page but not high priority (unless lots of teamless users want it )

Boinc'ing away
    still a few issues to iron out - seems the code for handling UID = 0 users interferes with the team totals (each team is classed as a user, with a very high UID - UID = 0 users get a big UID but not as big as the team UID and so some code needs to be tweaked to handle this)...

apologies for any problems - hopefully once sorted, the stats should be ok and handle all DF users...

Boinc'ing away
    ok - think everything is settled...only issue is now that teamless users are processed, the whole stats production time is increased from ~2 minutes to ~4 minutes so when the stats run at xx:23 you may see a message saying the stats are being updated...
    Last edited by pfb; 08-15-2004 at 08:00 PM.

Great stats pfb. Just a remark. Last week a 'new' user appeared in DPC's team stats and he's trying to claim 1st place which is already taken bij MrMr

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/...ats.php?tid=81

Maybe you know what's going on?
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by [DPC]Mobster
    Great stats pfb. Just a remark. Last week a 'new' user appeared in DPC's team stats and he's trying to claim 1st place which is already taken bij MrMr

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/...ats.php?tid=81

Maybe you know what's going on?
    I do - it's the user named 'Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez' - the #1 cause issues when I parse the data...still trying to process that user correctly but it's the only user who has #[number] in their name...

Aha. I don't think he visits our forum a lot lately. If I see him I will mention this to him. Maybe he's willing to change his name

You solving it yourself would be more satisfying for you ofcourse
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by pfb
    I do - it's the user named 'Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez' - the #1 cause issues when I parse the data...still trying to process that user correctly but it's the only user who has #[number] in their name...
    that issue is now fixed as well

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast