Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative 3rd party stats...

Am I wrong or the stats are blocked on "Updating now please wait" since one hour?
    Webmaster of the Distributed Project Research Group Italy Sitehttp://www.dprgi.it
    Author of the DfGUI Italian translation http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/
    Author of the climateprediction.net 's italian mirror site http://www.climateprediction.net/versions/IT/index.php
    My DF PC's (thanks pfb)

Boinc'ing away
    the stats are offline due to a processing error earlier (not sure what happened but it when screwy) - hope to be back sometime soon...

/edit - should be OK now

Folding for Team JSI
    Originally posted by pfb
    /edit - should be OK now
    Err ...

Database error: Invalid SQL: select h_ as sum_upd from folddaily where tid = 194 and uid = 2766
    MySQL Error: 1054 (Unknown column 'h_' in 'field list')
    Session halted.

na

Database error: Invalid SQL: select h_ as sum_upd from folddaily where tid = 65 and uid = 31494
    MySQL Error: 1054 (Unknown column 'h_' in 'field list')
    Session halted.

Webmaster of the Distributed Project Research Group Italy Sitehttp://www.dprgi.it
    Author of the DfGUI Italian translation http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/
    Author of the climateprediction.net 's italian mirror site http://www.climateprediction.net/versions/IT/index.php
    My DF PC's (thanks pfb)

Boinc'ing away
    not any more

Boinc'ing away
    Any news to do with the stats will now be posted on this page rather than in this thread...

Missing / incorrect link on statspage

@ pfb

On your stat-page (verrry nice btw) there might be a small error.

On the main page (http://wibble.bounceme.net/sneakers/) the "teamless users" are not clickable. You cannot get to the team page.

But when selecting "teamless users" via one of the individual members the team-page is reachable. I think the link on the main page might be broken.

Also the "teamless users" aren't sorting by total points correctly. They show up as #1, but have less points then for instance FDC and DPC.
    DPC: We're going for the #1 again

Boinc'ing away

Re: Missing / incorrect link on statspage

Originally posted by G_M_C
    @ pfb

On your stat-page (verrry nice btw) there might be a small error.

On the main page (http://wibble.bounceme.net/sneakers/) the "teamless users" are not clickable. You cannot get to the team page.

But when selecting "teamless users" via one of the individual members the team-page is reachable. I think the link on the main page might be broken.

Also the "teamless users" aren't sorting by total points correctly. They show up as #1, but have less points then for instance FDC and DPC.
    The 'teamless users' direct link isn't active yet - you can still get to them via the users list (as you've said). This is intentional at the moment due to the number of teamless users (~3500 - that takes around a minute to load locally - I am going to be breaking the team stats page down into blocks of 100 to make it easier to browse - this will also make the DPC team stats easier to browse).

Also, the 'teamless users' aren't number 1 - they are number 0 (Rank is 0). This is to show that they are outside the normal rankings (although they still rank for the hourly and daily production).

Hope that is clear

Re: Re: Missing / incorrect link on statspage

Originally posted by pfb
    The 'teamless users' direct link isn't active yet - you can still get to them via the users list (as you've said). This is intentional at the moment due to the number of teamless users (~3500 - that takes around a minute to load locally - I am going to be breaking the team stats page down into blocks of 100 to make it easier to browse - this will also make the DPC team stats easier to browse).

Also, the 'teamless users' aren't number 1 - they are number 0 (Rank is 0). This is to show that they are outside the normal rankings (although they still rank for the hourly and daily production).

Hope that is clear
    Yep that makes things clear to me.

The breaking up into blocks of 100 is very usefull to.

Keep up the good work

Morgoth hopping a lot of times`

When I look at the use-movent page i notice Morgoth of team "teamdot" hopping to "teamdot2" at least 10 times in a row.

This seems to be unlikely to be correct.

Boinc'ing away

Re: Morgoth hopping a lot of times`

When I look at the use-movent page i notice Morgoth of team "teamdot" hopping to "teamdot2" at least 10 times in a row.

This seems to be unlikely to be correct.
    That's an issue with the stats I get from DF - I've posted about it but haven't had much feedback.

Basically, it seems that when a user moves there is occasionally a chance that they will still be reported as being part of the old team (i.e. show up twice over 2 different teams) as they are not flushed from the old team for a few updates. Luckily this doesn't happen with every movement - only those teams who may not be producing much (if anything at all)...

The user 'Morgoth' appears in both the team's stats since he moved on the 03 update - hopefully the stats will flush soon and I'll manually remove all bar the first movement...the actual movement seems to be :

Code:
    morgoth teamdot teamdot2 at 03
    morgoth teamdot2 teamdot at 05

Re: Re: Morgoth hopping a lot of times`

Originally posted by pfb
    That's an issue with the stats I get from DF - I've posted about it but haven't had much feedback.

Basically, it seems that when a user moves there is occasionally a chance that they will still be reported as being part of the old team (i.e. show up twice over 2 different teams) as they are not flushed from the old team for a few updates. Luckily this doesn't happen with every movement - only those teams who may not be producing much (if anything at all)...

The user 'Morgoth' appears in both the team's stats since he moved on the 03 update - hopefully the stats will flush soon and I'll manually remove all bar the first movement...the actual movement seems to be :

Code:
    morgoth teamdot teamdot2 at 03
    morgoth teamdot2 teamdot at 05
    Sorry if i pose so many questions, but i am starting to look at your stats more and more, because it's a very good source of information.

And at this point the stats could (imo) go to version 0.9; that is not beta anymore; they're too good to be considered as beta.

Boinc'ing away

Re: Re: Re: Morgoth hopping a lot of times`

Sorry if i pose so many questions, but i am starting to look at your stats more and more, because it's a very good source of information.

And at this point the stats could (imo) go to version 0.9; that is not beta anymore; they're too good to be considered as beta.

questions are good

still got more things to do - the processing of Teamless Users with a UID of 0 is the main change I am still monitoring (as are a few other back end changes)...next big thing to add is search functionality...

I love your site... he he he I prob spend hours on it (Yes I'm a folding freak)

So I hate to say it's missing something....

But it would be GREAT to be able to compare the hourly and weekly graphs of diff teams... like you can with users on your team.

I would use that a lot to rally the troops!

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Rodzilla
    I love your site... he he he I prob spend hours on it (Yes I'm a folding freak)

So I hate to say it's missing something....

But it would be GREAT to be able to compare the hourly and weekly graphs of diff teams... like you can with users on your team.

I would use that a lot to rally the troops!
    cross-team comparing is possible - just not easily done via the stats front end:

for example:

bit complicated to do manually but can be done - if you look at the URL of that graph, change the following parameters:

period=t_daily or t_weekly (t_daily is past 24 hours, t_weekly is past 7 days)

max_UID is the number of users/teams to compare

TID[x] = this is 1 to max_UID, each one being the team ID to compare

UID[x] = the UID to compare, for teams use 4294967295

Thanks!!

Can you add that to the active teams page? That would be sweet!!

Originally posted by pfb
    cross-team comparing is possible - just not easily done via the stats front end:

for example:

bit complicated to do manually but can be done - if you look at the URL of that graph, change the following parameters:

period=t_daily or t_weekly (t_daily is past 24 hours, t_weekly is past 7 days)

max_UID is the number of users/teams to compare

TID[x] = this is 1 to max_UID, each one being the team ID to compare

UID[x] = the UID to compare, for teams use 4294967295
    Thanks for the info, I can compare teams now.

I seen that you changed the color of the daily production to springgreen... Kinda hard to read. Maybe I need to OC more!

EDIT
    Now hotpink! Nice!

Boinc'ing away
    I seen that you changed the color of the daily production to springgreen... Kinda hard to read. Maybe I need to OC more!
    you caught me tinkering with that colour rank - after some feedback that the original green was too dark just trying some different colours...btw, it's now hot pink so definately an incentive to get over 1 million a day now

He he he!

See how many comments you get on that one! lol

Boinc'ing away
    I'm not going to do anything more with the stats - once DF is closed I'll freeze the updates and prob leave the stats for viewing...when DF comes back I'll revive the stats (unless there are big changes to 3rd party stats access)...

dfTag will be shut down as well so any sigs using it won't work...

Boinc'ing away
    as my team is moving to F@H, I've been looking at their output for 3rd party stats...might be able to tweak the DF stats platform to F@H so for those doing F@H keep an eye out

Looks like our team is leaning that way as well. I really hope you can pull that off!!!

Boinc'ing away
    Looks like our team is leaning that way as well. I really hope you can pull that off!!!
    well, it took around 3 hours to get the basics done - there's an announcement on the news page on the DF stats regarding the F@H stats...

Thanks for the heads up!!!! There is also new news on Blueprint about buffers...

I like the look!

You have done it again!!!!!!!!

Either the stats have been corrupted by your work on the F@H stats pages; or our DF stats tarballs are now corrupted - as most of the folks on the top 50 are gone, and replaced by folks much further down the chart.

I still show up as position #33 on blueprint; but haven't checked on other sites to verify problems with the stats tarballs..

(Not that it matters - I'd only be 24k exp from where I was at the last update..
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Boinc'ing away
    not sure what's happenig with it atm - I'll have a look sometime today...

tbh- not really keeping an eye on it as I've stopped DF...
    Last edited by pfb; 09-06-2004 at 07:38 AM.

Boinc'ing away
    seems ok now - looks like a few updates there was either missing files in the tarball (which has happened before) or the code died for some reason...

the 0700 GMT+1 update never happened either...

your stats have gone a bit wonky again mate

(Although I shouldn't really be complaining, they're showing me in 149th Palce)

Boinc'ing away
    I know - it's me playing with the F@H stats which doesn't leave much processing power for the DF ones - next update should return to normal...

Originally posted by pfb
    I know - it's me playing with the F@H stats which doesn't leave much processing power for the DF ones - next update should return to normal...
    Thanks for the update.

Ol' retired IT geezer

Smile PFB... Many Thanks

Let me say thanks for keeping all of us informed of our progress in a very "Business Intelligent" sort of way. Its great to see the progress of ourselves, our teamates, and our team's competition in a very professional manner. I take it that you do this as a profession (or you could be that's for sure...). Again, thanks for your time and effort for adding this demension to the DF project.

Ned

Re: PFB... Many Thanks

Originally posted by Ned
    Let me say thanks for keeping all of us informed of our progress in a very "Business Intelligent" sort of way. Its great to see the progress of ourselves, our teamates, and our team's competition in a very professional manner. I take it that you do this as a profession (or you could be that's for sure...). Again, thanks for your time and effort for adding this demension to the DF project.

Ned
    agreed, without 3rd party stats, I believe folding would be much less of an addictive experience...

...wait, is that really a good thing

Anyway, thanks for all your work mate, and for helping me with the development of my 3rd party stats (which never got released because of lack of time with my new job).

Funnily enough, my stats machine has been collecting df data every 2 hours for the past 60 days, and is still working now.

Cheers again pfb

Boinc'ing away
    Cheers for the feedback

Ned - you're right, I do work with data in my job (both processing and reporting) so it was fairly easy to use the methods I use with the stats (both DF and F@H which are currently being worked on)...

Originally posted by pfb
    Cheers for the feedback

Ned - you're right, I do work with data in my job (both processing and reporting) so it was fairly easy to use the methods I use with the stats (both DF and F@H which are currently being worked on)...

That's very good news to me, i've been checking you stats-pages more and more, and find them great. And if you create one for F@H . . . . that would be super.

<Ren&Stimpy mode> Happy . . Happy . . Joy . . . Joy </Ren&Stimpy mode>

@ pfb

Stats dead???

I really hope you keep them around for a while...

Boinc'ing away
    @ pfb

Stats dead???

I really hope you keep them around for a while...
    no - my connection was dead

should up and running now - might be a bit screwy for an update or 2 though...

I was having withdrawal symptoms :shudder:

I had to go back on my meds... Having no stats was driving me nuts!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast