Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alternative 3rd party stats...

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by pfb
    I'm not going to do anything more with the stats - once DF is closed I'll freeze the updates and prob leave the stats for viewing...when DF comes back I'll revive the stats (unless there are big changes to 3rd party stats access)...

dfTag will be shut down as well so any sigs using it won't work...
    Just to confirm:
    • dfTag will die after the last update I receive (will show a message rather than the stats)
    • the stats will be around to view for 1 week after the end of DF
    • I'll archive the stats I have after the week is up (I'll also archive the Phase 1+2 stats system which no-one saw but was based on the same system)
    • Hopefully when/if DF returns I will with my stats (unless 1) my team stays with the new project and 2) someone else produces a better stats platform)
    • at some point I will release details of how the system works - at the moment, DF is taking 128MB to store the 1,248 teams/9,444 users; F@H is taking 118MB to store the 11,692 teams/379,560 users (no conquest data though)...personally, I am proud that the system I evolved was able to provide such stats using so little data storage. I'm not sure what Dyyrath (or however he spells his handle), Statsman and others used/are using in terms of storage, but the one of the goals when I started to the stats was to ensure it used as little space as possilbe and was quick on a home connection (~28Kb up)...

The past 2 years DF'ing has had it's up and downs - and a few lessons learned along the way have helped me in what I do as well. I hope that people have enjoyed using the stats, and to a lesser extent DFMon, as I have enjoyed the myriad utils and stats offered by others. Also, thanks to those who helped tweak both DFMon and the Sneakers DF stats along the way.

Hopefully the DF team returns with a system that has learnt from both Phase 1 and 2...here's to Howard, Elena and Chris (and the others we never heard from) and hope that mighty oaks grow from the acorns planted

DF wouldn't have been half as fun if it weren't for your stats!!! I honestly believe that!

Your DF Mon is wonderful too!!!!
    Just today I made it to where it would publish my farm status at home to the web! All thanks to your tool!

http://srodman.home.mchsi.com/DFmon/DFRigs.html

(Will you be making a dfMon clone for F@H. It looks like XtremeSystems is going to F@H??)

Boinc'ing away
    DFTag will no longer be active from 1200 GMT, Saturday 16th October...

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by pfb
    at some point I will release details of how the system works - at the moment, DF is taking 128MB to store the 1,248 teams/9,444 users; F@H is taking 118MB to store the 11,692 teams/379,560 users (no conquest data though)...personally, I am proud that the system I evolved was able to provide such stats using so little data storage. I'm not sure what Dyyrath (or however he spells his handle), Statsman and others used/are using in terms of storage, but the one of the goals when I started to the stats was to ensure it used as little space as possilbe and was quick on a home connection (~28Kb up)...
    I'm starting to post info about the DF stats system on the Sneakers forum (you'll need to be registered to view the DF stats bit) - hopefully this will be of interest to someone out there...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234