Thread: SubClanks doesn't seem to tally with SubProject FDC-RAC

SubClanks doesn't seem to tally with SubProject FDC-RAC

I am seriously worried about the state of my brain here, but I could have sworn that over the years that I have been Boincing that I had persuaded myself that there was a very clear link between the number of Subprojects with a non-zero value in FDC-RAC and the count of SubClanks. Today I notice that I lost a SubClank but when I went to sort the SubProjects page by FDC-RAC to try and work out which one it was, I find that I have 36 positive FDC-RAC subprojects, but I only have 31 SubClanks. And it seems that it was 5 short yesterday, and perhaps for some time.
    Are SubClanks not based on FDC-RAC? Am I missing something? Have I been fooling myself all these years? Am I an idiot? Or is it just time to retire?
    If it helps, by all means check my data (MMs and SubProjects)
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 10-14-2020 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Typos

I noticed that my subclanks were four lower than my FDC-RAC. The 'oldest' four of my clanks however are GoofyxGrid, that are older than a month. The same I noticed for people who are new into displaying their WCG badges. For all those badges they get a FDC-RAC too, but it is for results older than a month, so they do not count for their subclanks -at least, that's my conclusion, I have a special interest in subclanks.

Good thinking on the GoofyxGrid front, that must surely be 4 of them. Not sure where my additional one comes from but I am sure it will sort itself out.
    Clearly though I am wrong in assuming that Bok calculates SubClanks directly from FDC-RAC! You going to put me out of my misery please Bok?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    $sql = "replace into static.boinc_milestone_makers select a.cpid,'$mtype',' ',0,0,0,count(*),' ',' ',0,$ranknum from proj_user_work a where (a.metric1 - a.days28) > 0 and a.cpid <> ' ' group by a.cpid having count(*) > $number";

but that's actually inaccurate as I have a specific column for the FDCRAC. I'll change it, you should have 35

LOL! I really liked the last part of that sentence. The first part, not so much.
    I was happy either way though, It seems wrong to continue to get SubClanks for running GoofyxGrid when we aren't, but then, if he ever pops up again, I will.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    agreed, and the fault is that my column for FDCRAC does not get updated when the stats are not being updated from goofyxgrid.

I'm thinking on best way to fix that..

As a Squarepants chaser, I say take your time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    $sql = "replace into static.boinc_milestone_makers select a.cpid,'$mtype',' ',0,0,0,count(*),' ',' ',0,$ranknum from proj_user_work a where (a.metric1 - a.days28) > 0 and a.cpid <> ' ' group by a.cpid having count(*) > $number";

but that's actually inaccurate as I have a specific column for the FDCRAC. I'll change it, you should have 35
    I've had two month long battles with first Penguin of the Antarctic Crunchers and then Jeff17 of BOINCstats who suddenly passed me in subClanks after they got their WCG subprojects scores integrated into FreeDC, only to see them fade away as the month passed.

I see you found a way then Bok. Damn! - I was going for a record Squarepants for me today too! I still got one, but just not as big as it would have been. Oh well, it keeps life interesting in these tricky times.