Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ticketing system details - changes in the new client and server

Originally posted by erk
    Hmm I was getting pages of 910 errors without deleting the receipt.txt.
    Same here I don't have any 908 or 910 errors after I started started to delete the receipt.txt. Before I started with it I had them all the time.
    Proud member of The Genome Collective

Blog Entries
    I've got 910 errors coming out of my nose. I ultimately am just going to get rid of everything and start fresh.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by moz_42
    Maybe its just me - but all my machines are buffering like crazy - less then 10% of the gens have been uploaded .

After reading a fair bit of posting about the new system and trying a delete of receipt.txt on one rig I have the following observation :

All my buffered rigs have a receipt.txt with a IP of either 192.168.10.106 or 192.168.10.110.

If I delete receipt.txt and try uploading , I am able to upload results UNTIL ( u guessed it ) - I get a result ticketed from either of the two afore mentioned IPs.

Consulsion - those two servers are either overloaded or fubar'd.

Anyone else able to verify these findings ?

moz
    I've noticed that 105 also stops uploading occurring...funny that these servers are the same that gave the original Web Server error messages just after the new system went live...

Sneaker pimp
    I've got 2 receipts from .110 & 1 from .106 & nothing uploaded in almost 24 hours!

Just uploaded two gens! And got a new receipt. Still 290 gens on hold and waiting....

Elena & Howard,

Let me see if I have this correct. In my case I have 24 Alphas running your client. This morning each one of them tried to upload results with various degree of success. Each one of them got a receipt.txt. Also, I have it so each one tries in sequence and not all at once so as not to overburden your servers.

It seems to me the new tickecting system will always accept one result from a system as long as it doesn't have one already in the queue. Also, I assume the ticketing system uses FIFO (1st in, 1st out) to process the queue. If this is true, then there is no sense in trying to upload again from Alphas #2-24 until the upload from Alpha #1 is accepted. Is this correct?

Thanks,
    Shortfinal

of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar
    ....meanwhile, of course, your drives are filling up....

Originally posted by Gortok
    ....meanwhile, of course, your drives are filling up....
    Well my diskless farm just filled their RAMdisks and broke, they obviously didn't think of that one!
    OCAU

Those of us who run on RAMdisks are very well aware of the problem, thank you so very much!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12