Thread: Issues on the old DB server

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Issues on the old DB server

Just a heads up that there are some issues on the old database server. I've switched stats to point to the new one instead which I should have done a while back anyway.

I will try and troubleshoot the old one as it's always good to have the spare running, though I've been trying to switch off as many servers in the house as possible given the cost of electric this year. At $600 per month right now

Have you thought about moving everything to the Cloud? Like on Google or Amazon servers.

I see you have PayPal and Bitcoin on the Donations page. What about adding Gridcoin and Obyte/Gbyte as donation options? I think those are popular rewards for some crunchers and they may have some extra to donate.

Also, what about showing on your Donation page some kind of monthly goal for each month of the year. This way everyone knows if that month is covered or not, or how many months are covered, or which months need more donations to reach that months goal. Make sense?

You have an Obyte address from running WCG? If so post it and I'll send you what I got. Could help cover close to a full month.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Honestly I don't know what an Obyte address even is ?

Ok, no worries. I'll see if i can find a way to send the donation to you another way.

Also, some sort of monthly goal and how much of that goal you have would be nice to see so we can know what is needed to keep you up and running. Just some thoughts.

Ok, sent something...should cover a month or so for you.

XtremeSystems appreciates what you do.
    Last edited by bluestang; 10-05-2021 at 11:30 PM.