Thread: Server Error 500 fixed

Server Error 500 fixed

The Internal Server Error 500 problem has been fixed and you should be able to upload properly now. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Elena Garderman

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Upload the new Protein, the old Buffered Files, or Both.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Boinc'ing away
    That's fixed but what about the 908 Incorrect Protein error that has now cropped up in it's place?

.. in between almost all my machines getting a 910 Missing Protein error; then the error about not being able to upload.. and now 908 wrong proteins.. I'm glad that this was on Thursday.. so there's another day to help correct the problems..
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Originally posted by tpdooley
    .. in between almost all my machines getting a 910 Missing Protein error; then the error about not being able to upload.. and now 908 wrong proteins.. I'm glad that this was on Thursday.. so there's another day to help correct the problems..
    I'll beg to differ. Now Friday evening and no chance of getting to fix some of my machines till next Tuesday due to a long weekend in this part of Australia.

It's one of the reasons I don't like the updates being left til later in the week (Friday morning for us) as there is no chance of rectifying faults. As it is my computers are no longer doing DF until such time as they can actually contribute without generating an error.

I vote that updates be no later than Wednesday in Canada, Thursday morning here in the other half of the world.
    Crunching for OCAU

I agree, but latest should be 11:00 EST on a Tuesday Canada time. 'cos you guy's in Oz are on a sticky wicket timewise from the get go. hummm sounds right, but doesn't look so good when you read it. Even for europe, and the UK (tee hee) a thursday is too late, if we have problems. It would be better if Howards temporarily stopped altogether than this happening. Even off line machines that would buffer, which is what is happening anyway. Not knowing if we are doing valid work is a bit

Agreed, I'm sat here in London watching the 24hour window running out with 8000 gens from my farm needing to be handheld up to the servers with at least half being lost to this 910 error and manually updating them with a client that may not be working properly.

The updates may start at 11am EST Thursday but the client doesn't actually start to run in anger until late afternoon EST. The project people head home and then the solid excrement collides with the air extractor.

I went to bed last night with all clients buffering and this morning it seems I might as well have just shut them all down as soon as the 11am deadline arrived.

Well, I started a brand new installation at 4am UK time, and left it running through the night. I check it now to find nothing uploaded, and a string of "Status 908" errors.

Incorrect protein? On a brand new download?

I feel for you guys with farms.
    The only good brew is a homemade brew

Unfortunately with a worldwide project like this, someone's always going to be sleeping :sleepy: :sleepy: while stuff is happening.

The 908 problem has been corrected and is related to the problem last night.
    Howard Feldman

i am not getting errors, it just isn't uploading anything

i restart it, and it just keeps crunching, it has gens. buffered , but they aren't uploading

no error messages in the log file
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Christmas Lighterer!
    Blog Entries
    Similar problem here. I have rigs that were loaded with a fresh copy of the DF client a few hours ago and they haven't uploaded anything yet today.

Actually... I just tried uploading a few of them and they will upload one or two and then start crunching again(they both had ~40 cached results).
    Our Christmas Lights:
    MaineLights.org

Unfortunately with a worldwide project like this, someone's always going to be sleeping while stuff is happening.
    Any chance we can clone you?

guru
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by FoBoT

i restart it, and it just keeps crunching, it has gens. buffered , but they aren't uploading

I have the same thing on all my machines.

When a generation finishes, the client states "Verifying status of previous
    upload", waits for a second or two, then goes back to crunching.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Yea the tickets seem to be as usefull as buying 2002 A's season tickets in 2004. :shocked:

guru
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Originally posted by Moogie
    I have the same thing on all my machines.

When a generation finishes, the client states "Verifying status of previous
    upload", waits for a second or two, then goes back to crunching.
    I have the same problem.
    This is from my error.log

Starting foldtrajlite built Apr 22 2004
    Sat Apr 24 03:19:00 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=No such file or directory}
    Sat Apr 24 03:19:00 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Proud member of The Genome Collective

Electric fence operator
    Same as Moogie -- I have 11 of 61 gens uploaded from the time of my changeover, but that isn't going to do squat for the 1100+ still buffered. Somehow, I think a great many of them are going to be wasted.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Originally posted by FoBoT

same here. why don't the people who run DF tell us exactly how to deal with this? do we delete everything and download a new proggie? how about a definitive OFFICIAL answer as to how to upload these files?

Originally posted by N.V.M.
    same here. why don't the people who run DF tell us exactly how to deal with this? do we delete everything and download a new proggie? how about a definitive OFFICIAL answer as to how to upload these files?
    Already tried all that and no change.
    Support? Here? Surely you jest! Its the weekend.
    www.hardcoreware.net

Question I have been uploading my old buffered work all day

no errors nothing.

I initially updated the client files in the directory to upload but this didn't work so I just used the old files and selected n to autoupdate when it asked.

Everything has uploaded fine.

If you have old protein gens you should have no problem, well until the 24 hours runs out.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/