Thread: Need some ideas

Need some ideas

Would like some input.

I'm really into programming, and distributed computing as well. I want to create another DC project. But I don't want it to be another math one (like last years), there are enough math projects out there.

Any ideas? Just remember, that while I don't mind learning new material, I'm still a highschooler

Thanks

Blog Entries
    What about a client that counts all keyboard AND mouse activity? Keystroke, mouseclick, mouse scroll, mouse move and what ever...

Something like Project Orca, Tiny KeyCounter and BMT Mousetracker in one client. With big fat monster stats therefor?

And that for window$ and our linux-friends out there?

It would have no sense like all these fun-projects so it's just a suggestion....
    the-mk

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    And you could do the stats by the number of pages we would have typed, not the number of keystrokes. It would be more interesting.

magicfan241

That really doesnt...do anything though.

Its not distributed computing. It's just distributed counting.

Any other ideas? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sure, new projects are always interesting, especially when they touch on a unique cause, but starting up a project for the sake of it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Try studying a topic that interests you, and if you find a problem that could be solved by distributed computing, take it from there. Or you could even tackle a problem which is already being worked on, in a different way. I'd like to see another project that works on a cure for cancer/HIV in a different way. Perhaps the more angles we attack this from, the more likely we are to find a solution.

Official Local Mercenary.
    I'm definitely not a rocket scientist, & no coder either, so I couldn't really "help" you, other than ideas. I've been throwing these around to several DC-managers for a couple months. I really have no IN-DEPTH knowledge of a couple, especially the 1st one. Just a general understanding.

They're pretty wild ideas, but that's just what they are--ideas. Maybe they help, if so, great. If not, no big deal, just trash 'em.

1. Studying Quantum Physics & it's theories.

2. Calculating orbits of potential Near-Earth Objects to see if they "might".

3. Studying some sort of data or pictures from the 2 Mars Rover missions for...something?? (Probaly would take the cooperation of NASA, which could prove harder than finding water up there. )

4. Studying ways of improving Alternate Energy production, such as Hydrogen fueled things, more efficient Solar Cells, Wind Machines, GeoThermal, Fusion Reactors, etc.

This last one could prove to be profitable for someone, & could benefit us all.

The 3rd one I see as a "Seti-Type" project.

Number 2 could save the Earth.

And finally, the 1st one is just a wild idea I got from watching a segment on The Discovery Channel.
    And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Matt. 4:19