Thread: What is with the weak total nodes?

Electric fence operator

What is with the weak total nodes?

With the 58 AA protein from DF behind me, and the debacle that is this changeover, I've set up CB clients again, and I'm noticing some very low total node values. Occasionally I'll get some more normal numbers (in the millions), but most I've seen the last day or two are in the 5-digit range. Has anyone else noticed this, or do I need to change the priority on my CB clients? For the record, I have DF set at 10, and all else at default - all 3 machines are Bartons running ~2000 MHz, with a mere 2 clients on each.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

maybe the users are not playing as many games. just not very busy.

i ran cb couple weeks ago when zarf was catching me. noticed that on the official stats site i lost half my points, but still have full value at magnavox's site.

Perhaps this is related: http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=740.

I had lost half of my points. I was able to find out that chessbrain hat forgotten I own three machines (it thought I only had two). You can check that at www.chessbrain.net/member/, guess you know that. Check what machines are missing. Re-Register at those machines (Open Client => File->Register menu, enter E-Mail again). My missing machine and thus my points showed up after I did so.

has been eaten by a grue.
    File, register? Bah, real crunchers use a command line <g>.

More seriously, CB only sees 2 of the 3 comps I've got it on, and the cbspn.conf is right. *shrug* I'm not going to worry about it. CB isn't the most organized project.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by QIbHom
    File, register? Bah, real crunchers use a command line <g>.
    Yes, they do
    the-mk