Thread: Oddity on Free-DC's Ithena Measurements OONI Probe rank page.

Oddity on Free-DC's Ithena Measurements OONI Probe rank page.

Howay Man! Hope all's well.
    Just been in, after a bit of a gap, looking at iThena Measurements' iThena OONI Probe subproject and have spotted something odd in the stats, which may not be a fault, but it is certainly odd enough to make me ask why it's doing it.
    If you take a look at the Free-DC subproject ranking page you will probably spot it yourself if it is still doing it. Check the Today column and you will find that apart from the number one position, pretty much anyone with more than 1000 stones in the today column doesn't have a name! Page 2 is even more noticeable. If you sort the page by Today it is very noticeable.
    Maybe it's one of these things that'll sort itself out, or I just caught it at a bad time ;-)

Noticed something even odder this morning. Nearly everyone with this blank name, got a relatively massive score in the Today column (when compared to what people have earned who do have names), which I suspect (but can't be sure) is the same number that was in yesterdays Today value, and yet they have nothing in the Yesterday column. A little weird.

Just in case this running commentary is proving useful to you Bok, clearly either progress is being made, or it's just sorting itself out, or something weirder is happening,
    Today I notice that all but half a dozen of the hundred odd 'nonames' have nothing in the Today column, and show relatively sensible values in the Total and Yesterday columns.
    I think that barring the fact that just under half of the participants in this subproject have no name, it's looking relatively normal today.

OK so today there are 106 on this sub-project with no name and no group - yesterday there was 105 - out of a total of 289 rows. Sort them by Name twice to see them. Something is still amiss. Perhaps there are a bunch of people wondering where their stones are, or a a few people with issues running multiple Linux VMs.
    I shall probably stop posting now unless asked for more detail, but the detail is pretty easy to spot.

OK One last comment on this ... probably ;-). There are now 113 No-name/No-Group entries in the iThena OONI Probe subproject ranking page out of 297 in total. This is up 7 on the number a month ago. Every single one of them currently shows a value earned today (which matches their total points earned), ranging from 132K down to 32. Perhaps unsurprisingly not one of them currently shows a value for Yesterday.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's basically entries in the user_work file which do not have corresponding id's in the user file so show up as blank.

Garbage in/ Garbage out