Thread: Alpha cores

Alpha cores

Linux Client for the Alpha processors added. Upto 2.3 times faster. Get 'em now.

http://www.md5crk.com/?sec=download

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    JL,

do you think you could gain any performance on AMD64 by compiling natively in 64bit ?

I have a Gentoo64 build and a Suse 8.1 running, you could ssh into if you wish.

Bok

Originally posted by Bok
    JL,

do you think you could gain any performance on AMD64 by compiling natively in 64bit ?

I have a Gentoo64 build and a Suse 8.1 running, you could ssh into if you wish.

Bok
    The MD5 algorithm uses the 32 bit addition everywhere. I don't know if it'll help. I'll talk to Mark and see if he has a life again and can finish his AMD64 work.

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Is there a way to make the client select a new core? Like, if I run ./md5crk -test, to have it use the best core there.... ?

Sieve it, baby!
    Originally posted by Darkness Productions
    Is there a way to make the client select a new core? Like, if I run ./md5crk -test, to have it use the best core there.... ?
    Do you mean using a certain core?
    You can set this in the md5_user.xml file inside <core>.

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    I tried that, but at least on the Alpha machine, it didn't actually work... So I had to delete the xml files and let the client re-start from the beginning.

Originally posted by Darkness Productions
    I tried that, but at least on the Alpha machine, it didn't actually work... So I had to delete the xml files and let the client re-start from the beginning.
    DP - irc me. I don't want to give instructions on how to do this in the forums since it has a 99% chance of messing things up for people.