Thread: Enough is enough!

Enough is enough!

So I try my main pooter only to find the wonderful fatal error message has stopped the client once again. 596000=603 generations over 1100 on both computers, the server won't let me upload bugger all and I am bloody tired of the continuous problems with this project.

Even my sense of humour can wear thin when things never seem to improve. IMHO the powers that be have had plenty of time to improve both the DF client and system but each change seems to just introduce new problems. I have seen enough frustrations from those with a more technical background I just wish you could sit in my shoes and wonder at my total bewilderment as to why this crap is allowed to continue!
    This will be of fine service to you, you bag of the scum. I am sure that you will not mind that I remove your manhoods and leave then out on the dessert flour for your aunts to eat

? fatal error ?

What fatal error are you talking about, you forgot to mention that.

What exact error are you getting?
    Elena Garderman

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    I bet you have the old .exe file It has had a tendency to give me Fatal Errors also, sadly I do not have the logs, but the .exe I have been using the last 3 weeks loves to stop for no reason and give Fatal Error messages..I just restart and things are fine I am sure all the bad things are gone with the latest update
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

I have no errors on 40+ clients. I believe this client to be stable and the back-end ticketing system seems fine but currently heavily loaded.

Originally posted by HaloJones
    I have no errors on 40+ clients. I believe this client to be stable and the back-end ticketing system seems fine but currently heavily loaded.
    I just deleted another 450 gens because of errors in filelist.txt file (In total i now have deleted around 1200 gens over 4 clients) all errors where something like "missing file ........ etc")
    I just deleted them all and started over, I did this WITH pleasure

But live goes on so (I tell this to myself) Shut up, take a glass of booze and go start (D)folding

Btw I think I get those errors because of the client's inpossibility to connect to the server over long periods, or wrong connects to it.
    I'm not a expert but I do have noticed that when the server is offline/unreachable for long periods I get those errors.

O , And I dont have anything backed up so don't ask for anything.
    Nofinger
    ...See you at the Windmills!!

Proud Member of The Genome Collective

Boinc'ing away
    I've had errors with one of my boxen when uploading the 900+ gens of a dually - a mixture of data checksum errors and rotlib errors... a purgeuploadlist 1 overcame any problems, as did using the new client released last week...

Only time I would have to wipe an install would be a 910 - all others have been overcome with either a purgeuploadlist and making sure the client was the latest available...

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Rotlib errors are fixed by overwriting a fresh copy of the file I have found, data checksums apparently can be fixed by taking the minival file of the missing/bad file and renaming it as the bad val file..so I have been told Someone with expert knowledge could explain it better
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Originally posted by pfb
    I've had errors with one of my boxen when uploading the 900+ gens of a dually - a mixture of data checksum errors and rotlib errors... a purgeuploadlist 1 overcame any problems, as did using the new client released last week...

Only time I would have to wipe an install would be a 910 - all others have been overcome with either a purgeuploadlist and making sure the client was the latest available...
    I used the purgeupload 1 option quite a few times but that most of the time resulted in a 910 error.
    Nofinger
    ...See you at the Windmills!!

Proud Member of The Genome Collective