Thread: Broke my foot.....

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar

Unhappy Broke my foot.....

Well, I broke my foot today. Or at least I think I did, because I can't put any pressure on it without extreme pain. A parental unit will be home shortly (as I don;t think this is any sort of emergency, I am trained in First Aid, and have it bundled up pretty well) to give additional confirmation.

I can't walk down the flight of stairs, I have to crawl (or swing like an idiot using the wall to hold me up), so I think the box running D2OL is dead. If I can make it down the stairs in the next couple of days, I'll try and restart it.

Good luck to all of you. I'm sure a little thing like not being able to walk won't slow me down for too long.

magicfan241

Of course this is an emergency! You have a system down and you can't get to it to repair it.

Anyone close to magicfan241 who can help get the box back up?

Oh by the way, how is your foot?

guru
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Originally posted by guru
    Of course this is an emergency! You have a system down and you can't get to it to repair it.

Anyone close to magicfan241 who can help get the box back up?

Oh by the way, how is your foot?

guru
    Anyone in SE PA??

Teh foot is teh suck. I think the injury must have been infected by Ancala, there is no other way to explain the mind-numming pain.

I also have to make dinner for the family.

My hiking stick is doubling as a crutch currently. And I'm glad my kitchen has nice deep counters I can lean on to move myself.

I almost think going to the pool would do it some good, but it's a block to the pool, not do-able with my current condition.

magicfan241

"Hello, 9-1-1, can I help you?"

"Yes, I've broken my foot, could you send a tech around to reboot my box?"

Sorry you're hurt --- take it easy.

On my way! I can be there in about... six weeks, give or take.

Guess we don't have to tell you to keep the pressure off it, huh?
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    magicfan mate, them's the breaks... sorry couldn't resist... go get some rays then if need be get plastered
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

has been eaten by a grue.
    After getting your box restarted, the most important decision will be what colour you wish the cast to be. I suggest something that matches your case lights.

More seriously, Magicfan, it sounds like you are doing the right thing, keeping off it and all. Ice might help with the pain. Good luck!

Some seriously funny posts ya'll

Sorry to hear about your foot Magic

Best of luck with the healing

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Well... there is nothing they can do about a cast until the morning.

So, I've had to use a makeshift splint system, using a old toothbrush, two 12" wooden rulers, a Ace bandage, a extra sock (for cushioning), and several rubber bands.

I'll take a picture of it. If it were not for the pain, it would be funny, because it looksso wierd....

I'm thinking about a blue on the cast....it would match the lights on the Sonata I have....

magicfan241

Get well soon!

has been eaten by a grue.
    Erm...rubber bands aren't a good idea. They can get too tight too easily. You are actually better off with duct tape, or something like that. Even rope or strips torn off an old t-shirt. The rest of it sounds good.

The kind of cast they use now is the perfect texture to scratch itches. Almost loofa-like. I was almost sorry when they finally took the bugger off.

Well, I actually found this out last night, but was too tired and pissed off to say any thing.

I "only" broke two toes (the two largest ones), apparently, so instead of anything, I'm SOL, and in large amonts of pain still. They told me there wass nothing to do other than bear with it (which sucks, when I woke up this morning, I still can't walk very well...).

Walking to school this morning will be an adventure, to say the least. I'm going to have to leave at least 10 minutes early....

This sucks, and I still can't get downstairs to fix the D2OL box..

magicfan241, looking for the bottle of Aleve...

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about the foot. Hope that it gets better soon.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc