Thread: Autoupdate problems

Autoupdate problems

We are currently trying to track down the reason autoupdate isn't kicking in on people's machines. We will let you know as soon as this is fixed.
    Elena Garderman

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Well, i assume the grace-period will be extended then, because i'am not able to manual update all by boxen!

I guess i'am not the only one...
    Member of Dutch Power Cows
    (Number #1 overal winner)

Blog Entries
    Thank you Elena.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Fixed now - working OK!

Thanks!

Boinc'ing away
    does seem to be doing something - the auto-update daemon is now working again...

yep it's working O.K. overhere
    Can you tell us what went wrong with the autoupdate?
    Member of the Los Alcoholicos

The auto-update should be working fine for everyone now. I will be extending the grace period by 24 hours for the old protein considering most people were unable to update.

It appears that our virtual hosting and DNS setup is having some issues, which we are now fixing. That was initially causing the client to read the wrong server.status file, which was not indicative of the presence of the update.

We aplogize for the inconvenience.
    Elena Garderman

thanks for the explanation about this situation.
    The extension for the grace time is very fine.
    No sorrow faces, now we all can flush again from different places

woohoo...in rhime
    Member of the Los Alcoholicos

I just uploaded a full set from the old protein and got half-credit Do the servers know about the extended grace period?

Electric fence operator
    Hmm, I'm uploading two full sets myself right now. Amazingly, I get home from work late, check the pharm, and find two boxen on gen. zero. Now that the autoupdate is reported to be working, it seems a fine time to update, eh?

Yes, yes, I know -- someone will feel the need to remind me that these gens are useless from a scientific standpoint, and thus I should receive no points. However, the system is in place, so I tell that person to just deal with it.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Originally posted by HaloJones
    I just uploaded a full set from the old protein and got half-credit Do the servers know about the extended grace period?
    I only had one client with gens held over past the original 24 hour period but like you I noticed only half credit for them when they uploaded earlier today.

Autoupdates appear to have kicked in at 2:00 am local time which is 1 hour after the 24 hour mark from the initially planned changeover. Not a real convenient time to be up checking to see if any gens didn't upload on time
    Crunching for OCAU

The extended grace period is in place. Maybe you caught the short interval between the post and me actually updating the times and pushing them out to the servers.
    Elena Garderman

Oh well that's all right then.

Stardragon

YGM.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Electric fence operator
    Just so you don't feel bad, Halo -- I caught the same interval.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Originally posted by Anteraan
    Just so you don't feel bad, Halo -- I caught the same interval.
    I don't feel bad. Half points on a late upload is what I was expecting and it's what I got but there may well be many people who aren't so sanguine over 130,000 points lost.