Thread: On till one million

On till one million

Alright guys I'm sticking around until 1 million (probably 2 weeks or so) and then I'm shifting over to DF to help with the counter attacks during CASP6. Hopefully it will be reliable. First sign of updates not working I'm bailing back to FAD.
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

Noooooooo, not leave us. Well, ok, if you promise you come back soon

Just curious, what million? You'r at 5.6+ million at GFlops and 5.4+ million at Molecules? What stats are you using (now statsman is down)?

These stats HERE . Statsman still counts molecules the old-fashioned way. Bok uses the shiney new modern points system.
    AND I just passed *3 million* on the same counter! And I'll be doing somewhat the same with DF, with pretty much the same proviso. And yes, I'll be back.

(And I'd like to pass someone else whose big bits keep getting in the way.)
    (His big iron bits , if you know what I mean.)
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

*argh* I HAD checked stats.free-dc.org cause I knew Bok set up some great stats. Didn't find any FAD stats though (only statman's that are offline now). I didn't recognize I only checked the "third party stats" list.

Who says points are modern? Really cool people nowadays don't use points any more, they now use GFlops. Check the official stats page ;-) (AFAIK, GFlops = Points/8, so no big deal)

Oh. GFlops, huh? Well, whatever. Give 'em six months and they'll come up with yet another way to count coup.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

You can always tell a Brummie, but you can't tell him much.
    Hey wirthi: Do you think we could convince magnav0x that the '1 million' he needs to aim for is TOTAL number of jobs completed?

Would at least be worth trying
    Engage!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by wirthi
    *argh* I HAD checked stats.free-dc.org cause I knew Bok set up some great stats. Didn't find any FAD stats though (only statman's that are offline now). I didn't recognize I only checked the "third party stats" list.

Who says points are modern? Really cool people nowadays don't use points any more, they now use GFlops. Check the official stats page ;-) (AFAIK, GFlops = Points/8, so no big deal)
    Yeah,

I need to change my stats for FAD at some point to do the new GFlops instead...

Bok

No big deal bok. There is no big difference between points and gflops anyway (linear 1:8). And as Paratima hinted we are used to confusion about credits at that project.
    Engage!

Hey I like the rank tracking via points. The numbers are much smaller and more managable (easier to read). That and my 3rd party app calculates points and not molecules for completed units, so I know what to expect in the stats. Any time I visit the official stats I always switch the sorting to Points. I WILL be back to FAD if I goto DF, I just want to help with the cow tipping a bit. I never really enjoyed DF, so you can rest assured I'll come back. I have a feeling there will be update problems as usual though.

However.....you might be able to talk me into staying around in an attempt to hold off hardCOREware. But we'll need more than just me staying to hold them off. They are about 1 million points back and doubled our production over the past week.
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

Electric fence operator
    Until my cpu rating shows up in GFlops, I'd prefer to stick with points. Of course, I've been away to help with DF lately myself, so it doesn't matter a whole lot, eh? And ditto what mags said. I set everything to points as well. I think molecules is a horrible method for scoring this project, as the variance is just too freakin' wide to be a valid measurement.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC