Thread: 50,000 structures = INCORRECT version

50,000 structures = INCORRECT version

For those of you who were impatient and had started using the patch version which had 50,000 structures in generation zero, this is the INCORRECT version, which will have a negative effect on the results of this protein if it continues to be used.

The patches were changed to the correct version before the official update was released, so all you keeners will now have to grab to correct executable, before the results for this run become tainted... The correct version will have 30,000 structures for gen. 0.

Thanks for your cooperation!
    Last edited by Stardragon; 07-07-2004 at 11:25 AM.
    Elena Garderman

Not to bitch, but why don't you force all clients to update to the same version? You obviously some version information on every upload, why not changes like this?

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Yes, I agree, was about to post exactly that. Please update the info on the Version to force an Auto Update if this occurs, an easy way to avoid a big problem.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Originally posted by Galuvian
    Not to bitch, but why don't you force all clients to update to the same version? You obviously some version information on every upload, why not changes like this?
    Only manual updaters who grabbed the update from the deamon ever saw the 50,000 version. No auto-updaters have it, so there is no point forcing auto-updaters to update again.

And at least with the Linux version of the 50,000 client, it didn't work at all. (It seems 50,000 doesn't fit in a signed short very well.) So after I manually updated to it I was forced to manually update again to the 30,000 version.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    For those who used mirrors, it hurt a lot Worse was the 1 day wait to be told to change...surely the auto update could look and version # and see if it was 126.01 tehen update but if 126.02 not I have no clue, that is why I think it would be easy e when talking to Server to distinguish ..I dont know how many dirty gens I uploaded, probably only 40 total, the majority were offline luckily so I just toasted them over a trash can
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Nevermind -- Grumpy posted quicker.

I had the 50,000 win version, started it off-line and then went to bed. Had nearly 200 gens buffered when I found out about the new version. It's shame to toss out a day's production, but kicking butt in CASP6 comes first.

Whats the reason for 30,000 structures instead of the usual 10,000 anayway???

Member of Dutch Power Cows
    (Number #1 overal winner)

I started with the client having 50,000 structures, but when the latest with 30,000 became available, I just replaced the foldtrajlite.exe with it - all is well. I had probably 20 generations buffered on each of the 4 clients.

Boinc'ing away
    same here - dumped the 50k client as soon as the new 30k client was recieved...

on a slightly different note, the problem noticed with the (first) releeased was picked up the day before the update - would it be useful if future clients were available to some testers to help ensure the client is bug-free (some users may have faster PCs than are available on-site at DF HQ and so will be able to find any problems quicker)...