Thread: FreeBSD projects?

FreeBSD projects?

Where can I found DC projects for an operating system?
    The informations about this at http://www.aspenleaf.com/distributed are not uptodate and my OS don't have a logo! (FreeBSD). I want only use the iddle CPU time for an interesting project which need some ressouces and don't have money for this... and fun... )
    Now the SETI I is fine for me but for security considerations and avaliability of FreeBSD port I don't install the new SETI 2 / BOINC project. This seems only for networks or their campus, not for individuals

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I've run Eon, dnet (OGR & RC5-72) and Distributed Folding on my FreeBSD box.

Bok

Don't forget that FreeBSD has optional Linux emulation, and you can therefore take part in most projects that have a client for Linux.

DNET runs in native mode, but not very fun for me. When Seti classic will be stopped I can moved to it.
    I don't like Linux emulation: I had some troubles when two softwares use a different linux_base, I don't known the overload due to the emulation and for foldings the install seems complex (and It use also the NIS ?).
    And I prefer projects which are multi-OS, it is a personal choice of course. I consider also the work of the project team to use really a large number of OS in my choice.