Thread: A Partition Against Server Downtime

Angry A Petition Against Server Downtime

I have put many, many hours of effort and interest into this project and recently it is becoming more and more like a chor; Clean to Kitchen, Make sure the Client hasnt any buffer.

It appears every protein changeover or weekend the server goes down.

Im not trying to be a ditch in the works, Im just trying to get the attention of whoever runs the servers that you have an uptime of around 4 days tops, and its a really begining to be a problem for me and Im sure for others.

Please Fix The Server Issue!

Signed

David James

aka

N0N@ME420
    Last edited by -=N0N@ME420=-; 08-06-2004 at 08:42 AM.
    Overclockers Australia

My Power
    =
    Overclock and Be Happy with what you have got!

-=United We Stand - Together We Fall=-

Couldn't agree more, i 'd like to see some more crew-effort to keep the crunchers happy
    Member of Dutch Power Cows
    (Number #1 overal winner)

Originally posted by Basman
    Couldn't agree more, i 'd like to see some more crew-effort to keep the crunchers happy
    Crew? What crew? This is a two man (woman) team and they're scientists.

So shut up and crunch.....

I don't need to shut up to crunch coz i am allways crunching

lets give em something

It seems that some of us crunchers have better machines then their current storage-server.

Especially in team FDC there seems to be a reasonable number of powerfull machines. And since most of the FDC-ers live relatively close to Canada (compared to us Cows) it seems only reasonable that one of them does a donation
    DPC: We're going for the #1 again

Re: lets give em something

Originally posted by G_M_C
    It seems that some of us crunchers have better machines then their current storage-server.

Especially in team FDC there seems to be a reasonable number of powerfull machines. And since most of the FDC-ers live relatively close to Canada (compared to us Cows) it seems only reasonable that one of them does a donation
    Agree

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    erm dudes we at FDC have already suggested that (I do believe there is a post started by me somewhere about this)
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Unhappy

This isn't exactly a good way to get new crunchers for this DC project. I pulled
    5 2800+ AMDs off this project and returned to UD.

Originally posted by gopher_yarrowzoo
    erm dudes we at FDC have already suggested that (I do believe there is a post started by me somewhere about this)
    Oh yeah; I've seen that post . . during the short one in march / april wasn't it ?

methinks they should have taken you up on that offer . . .

Originally posted by KingPin
    This isn't exactly a good way to get new crunchers for this DC project. I pulled
    5 2800+ AMDs off this project and returned to UD.
    What do you mean; this thread ? -> That why i tried to be somewhat humorous in my posting above. To "soften things up" as they say.

Or do you mean the harware-trouble @ blueprint ? -> I haven't had serious unsolvable problems during casp up to now. Not enough to make me switch projects anyway. Even the autoupdates function like a breeze.
    Last edited by G_M_C; 08-06-2004 at 05:52 PM.
    DPC: We're going for the #1 again

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    At the moment they have extra staff helping out, but not in the areas you suggest from my poor recall. I would assume they are already trying to remedy the problem as a fast Protein would be the dearth of the Servers if they don't. Howard, Elena and their Helpers are flat out and doing their best, and working long hours to get things right. It could be a lot worse, so I shall leave them to their stress balls and keep my fingers crossed
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Originally posted by Grumpy
    At the moment they have extra staff helping out, but not in the areas you suggest from my poor recall. I would assume they are already trying to remedy the problem as a fast Protein would be the dearth of the Servers if they don't. Howard, Elena and their Helpers are flat out and doing their best, and working long hours to get things right. It could be a lot worse, so I shall leave them to their stress balls and keep my fingers crossed
    So My *Petition* (No thanks to google for helping with that lil spelling error) has worked!

I think they need to find a system administrator though, get him to work for a week and straighten the whole thing out either that or buy a couple rat traps...

Overclockers Australia

My Power
    =
    Overclock and Be Happy with what you have got!

-=United We Stand - Together We Fall=-