Thread: Another Problem

Unhappy Another Problem

Help

I just cannot seem to stop having problems this week. I really need to get some answers as I am running out of boxes that are working.

The latest problem is "could not create service.cfg file

This machine is setup as a service with an autorestart if the client fails. Each time it tries to restart it fails.

I also have other things happening on other machines as chronicled in the thread "how can you tell if" in the main discussion area. I could really use a little help here as 3 of my machines are definetly no doing ANYTHING and at least 3 more are probably not doing anything useful since their best energy scores are lower than the score reported in my stats.

Please help as I am leaving on a short vacation in just a couple of hours and do not want to leave these machines ideling for the next 5 days.

Thanks,
    Donny
    on to ...

"This machine is setup as a service with an autorestart if the client fails. Each time it tries to restart it fails."

Are you using using dfGUI to check the client status and restart it? If so, the question probably should be posted in the 3rd party apps section.

Make sure to post the contents of the service.cfg file, the version and settings of dfGUI (if that's what you're using to restart the client) and hopefully that'll give enough information to suggest a solution.

I mention this because when the option in dfGUI was first put in, we had people that were telling DF to only update their status every minute (it provided a slight improvement on folding speed) - and they had set dfGUI's check for a stopped client for a really small amount of time.
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...