Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative 3rd party stats...

Boinc'ing away

Alternative 3rd party stats...

Been working on an alternative 3rd party stats site - still in beta but it's coming to the end of Beta 1 testing and so posting here for some feedback

Main site : http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/ (maybe a bit slow)

Team page: http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=[team id]

Enjoy

Really nice, pfb. Thanks

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Stats
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

wow those are pretty nice! good job.

/me adds link to his navbar

Ol' retired IT geezer

Smile

Great Stats... They will be even better once you have accumulated a full weeks worth of data to fill out some of the graphs, etc...

In the TEAM display, when you ask for the threat/conquests for a team member, you get far too much data... Limit this display to only the team members please. I have no desire to see the other few thousand DF'ers relate to me. :sleepy:

Great Job... I'm sure you'll get a lot of hits when it gets well known...

Thanks, Ned

Boinc'ing away
    I'm going to split the conquests/threats into Team only and All...once I get around to it

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Might I suggest paging out that main page? It's fairly large ( Firefox says 620.8 KB (635702 bytes)). That should cut down some bandwidth usage for you, and server load for you as well...

Just a thought

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Darkness Productions
    Might I suggest paging out that main page? It's fairly large ( Firefox says 620.8 KB (635702 bytes)). That should cut down some bandwidth usage for you, and server load for you as well...

Just a thought
    the main page is static so server load is minimal...but will be chunking that into 25 or 50 teams... (prob this weekend - just sorting out a whole bunch of work stuff and sorting out my network...)

I added it to the 3rd Party Stats column on http://stats.Free-DC.org
    Thanks!

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Ned
    In the TEAM display, when you ask for the threat/conquests for a team member, you get far too much data... Limit this display to only the team members please. I have no desire to see the other few thousand DF'ers relate to me. :sleepy:
    Conquests/Threats is now split into All and Team - All will show every single threat (or conquest) whereas Team limits the display to just those on your Team

This is lookin good, thanks!

I had a few thoughts:

- the rank is wrapping, even at 1024 width, and makes it hard to read {see pic attached}

- personal opinion: I think the jumping icons are a bit distracting, especially since the whole page has a line of them all jumping up and down. Someday maybe these could be optional/setting?

- I'd vote for adding either border=1 or alternating backgrounds to make it easier to read across a row. I also think this would help readability for some usernames that have multi-words and being wrapped by default html handling and 'flowing together' with the next line, for instance these 4 lines have no demarcation leaving some question as to whether the second username is actually "central beyond".
    FreeDC
    Hydra
    Central
    Beyond

- would you consider adding a carriage return/line feed inside your html at the end of each <tr> row to make it easier if someone (like me) wanted to parse the html into another app?

- I like seeing my overall rank and I like seeing overall conquests and threats. I think it would be helpful to see something else: a table showing my username in the overall list -- if not a top 1000 perhaps just 25 users above and 25 below me from the "overall" ranking. This would help because I can't go over to the other sites with your overall ranking because it doesnt match their list because they arent updating on the same schedule/frequency. Just a suggestion.

Overall -- great job and thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by MerePeer
    - the rank is wrapping, even at 1024 width, and makes it hard to read {see pic attached}
    still working out the layout - this is one of the things I have noticed, just trying to see the best way to show the rank without using too much space...

- personal opinion: I think the jumping icons are a bit distracting, especially since the whole page has a line of them all jumping up and down. Someday maybe these could be optional/setting?
    They started to annoy me as well - changed to the static ones...

- I'd vote for adding either border=1 or alternating backgrounds to make it easier to read across a row. I also think this would help readability for some usernames that have multi-words and being wrapped by default html handling and 'flowing together' with the next line, for instance these 4 lines have no demarcation leaving some question as to whether the second username is actually "central beyond".
    FreeDC
    Hydra
    Central
    Beyond
    I'll have a think about that - in the meantime if you want to highlight your info on the team page use http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=[team id]&uid=[user id]

- would you consider adding a carriage return/line feed inside your html at the end of each <tr> row to make it easier if someone (like me) wanted to parse the html into another app?
    possibly - all the HTML code is produced via PHP though....

- I like seeing my overall rank and I like seeing overall conquests and threats. I think it would be helpful to see something else: a table showing my username in the overall list -- if not a top 1000 perhaps just 25 users above and 25 below me from the "overall" ranking. This would help because I can't go over to the other sites with your overall ranking because it doesnt match their list because they arent updating on the same schedule/frequency. Just a suggestion.
    An overall list is coming...

You da man!!

fyi re: usernames. You could try css entry (or inline) for td {white-space: nowrap}

Originally posted by pfb

They started to annoy me as well - changed to the static ones...
    strange, they appear to be static in internet explorer, and bouncy in mozilla. No idea why???

EDIT: cleared cache and problem fixed now

also when username is selected, a few white patches show behind some of the icons. See right of pic below

(sorry for dodgy pic, haven't got round to installing irfanview yet to make nice images).

also, is the up/down gif, and associated number supposed to represent movement within the team, or overall movement?

if i's within the team mine is way off, although after typing this i'm sorts guessing it represents overall movement (with it being next to overall position column).

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by jonnyw
    strange, they appear to be static in internet explorer, and bouncy in mozilla. No idea why???

EDIT: cleared cache and problem fixed now

also when username is selected, a few white patches show behind some of the icons. See right of pic below

<snip>

(sorry for dodgy pic, haven't got round to installing irfanview yet to make nice images).

also, is the up/down gif, and associated number supposed to represent movement within the team, or overall movement?

if i's within the team mine is way off, although after typing this i'm sorts guessing it represents overall movement (with it being next to overall position column).
    bouncy-bouncy has gone - if it's showing then you've got it cached somewhere (as you found out )

I know about the white patches - the gifs are transparent but the highlighting is done by setting the table cell background which seems to conflict...it's a minor visual thing which is low on my list of things to sort out...(although the top of the hourly icon is fine...)

for movement on the team page- if it's in the team rank column (first one) then it's within the team; in the second (overall) it's overall...the thing to note with overall is that it excludes teamless users. Teamless users are a pain as a lot don't have a UID or TID (well, they do but it's 0) so the more 'transactional' processing is a lot harder - especially when those who are UID=0 also have a name of None...

Boinc'ing away
    Added and tweaked some stuff on it:

* limited the teams page to 25 teams per page
    * user list now available - limited to 50 users per page
    * added lines on the tables to make it easier for to read
    * some back-end tweaking - should be a bit quicker to produce the stats...

will be adding search capability some time soon as well...

Originally posted by pfb
    Added and tweaked some stuff on it:

* limited the teams page to 25 teams per page
    * user list now available - limited to 50 users per page
    * added lines on the tables to make it easier for to read
    * some back-end tweaking - should be a bit quicker to produce the stats...

will be adding search capability some time soon as well...

Good job ! Excellent work there...

One question on conquests tho...

It says hourly gain... I am wondering if that is per update (2 hours)
    or if it is really calculated for hourly gain.

Thanks pfb, 'preciate the stats !

>>TJ

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by TeeJay
    Good job ! Excellent work there...

One question on conquests tho...

It says hourly gain... I am wondering if that is per update (2 hours)
    or if it is really calculated for hourly gain.

Thanks pfb, 'preciate the stats !

>>TJ
    the gain is calculated at an hourly rate - even though I am only getting 12 (or less) updates a day, it should still come out at an hourly rate (and some of the gains I've monitored seem to bear this out)...

bit more tweaking - the user name on the team stats now links to the all user page - positioning you at lowest rank - 10 (so if you are rank 100, it would show 90 - 140) ...

Sneaker pimp

Thumbs up Good work matey

As I've said @ LH, you've done a damn fine job bud

edit: come on then, how've you got dftag working here?

Boinc'ing away

Re: Good work matey

some more tweaks:

* tooltip (via overlib) on the main Team index - shows hourly and daily production rankings
    * colour banding of individual daily production (show on the team stats pages):
    > 2,000,000 = red
    > 1,000,000 = orange
    > 500,000 = green
    > 250,000 = blue
    * slight tweak to the active counts - now should reflect the last days production

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by MerePeer

With regard to this - I'm looking at more of a 'extract the info from the db' than 'parse the html' solution for a couple of other apps (dfMon being one of them) - would your app being able to submit and process MySql queries?

Boinc'ing away
    Due to some queries with the recent supply of stats, I've reset the 24 hour ones just to do some checking...apologies for any inconvenience

Not sure if there was a problem with the database, but last update and 24 hour team points are presented as negative.

Individual team pages seem to be unaffected.

Sorry didnt pick up on your question before.
    Q: "would your app being able to submit and process MySql queries?"
    A: whatever is easiest for you. I assume you mean put the sql in the url or post body, then get the contents back in some way that can be parsed.

I love the content & display of your Show_users.php page. Nice work.

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by iggy
    Not sure if there was a problem with the database, but last update and 24 hour team points are presented as negative.

Individual team pages seem to be unaffected.
    Team stats will be a bit off as I am trying to compensate for the stats 'disparity' coming out from the tarbal...I've reverted to the older method (which will mean some totals won't match) until I get some time to look at it....

/edit - should be ok now...team conquests/threats will be out for a day or so tho...
    Last edited by pfb; 04-11-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Boinc'ing away
    right, the total team structures now adds up to the total team structures - which may or may not match the total team structures being shown on the official team page (but is the value you get when you add up all the team member points)...hope that makes sense

Team conquests/threats have been reset but everything else should be ok (apart from the daily total for Saturday)...

Just need to figure out why the total team structures being provided != the sum of the team member points...

Boinc'ing away
    I've changed graphing engines - the new one should allow me to create some better (more interactive) graphs than the old JPGraph engine...

Any probs with the graphs, let me know

Boinc'ing away
    New features:

Team Stats

* Sort by...

1) Rank [ascending] (default)
    2) Last update points [descending]
    3) Last 24 hours points [descending]
    4) Current protein points [descending]
    5) Total points [descending]
    6) RMS [ascending]

Mini Team stats

* Sort by

1) Protein points [descending] (default)
    2) Total points [descending]

Click the header to sort, sorted column is shown by

Any probs let me know

Nice work

pfb,

how did you do that in your sig, BTW. Nice!

Sneaker pimp
    Originally posted by HaloJones
    pfb,

{url=http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=631&uid=14498} {img}http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/dfTag/dfTag.php?uid=14498&d=1{/img}{/url}

Just change the curly brackets for square ones & you should get:

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by HaloJones
    pfb,

As Jay posted, if the forum supports sig images use that (the click-through takes you to your team stats page).

The acutal parameters are :

I wasn't going to let people know how to use it until I'd sorted proper hosting but looking at the server stats it should be fine to use
    Last edited by pfb; 04-18-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Sneaker pimp
    Originally posted by pfb
    I wasn't going to let people know how to use it until I'd sorted proper hosting but looking at the server stats it should be fine to use
    Doh! Sorry bunny

You want me to edit my post then?

Great stuff. Thanks!

Great! Thank you very very much!

Love it!

Boinc'ing away
    For those using dfTag, you'll notice some changes over the next few days - I am currently implementing the cPanel for it so you can add in the optional info (mine is showing all the info I am looking to provide)...

Those stats are really looking good, pfb! Very nice work!
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

cant stop buying hardware... rofn's Avatar
    very nice

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast