Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number 2

Number 2

Sounds like a nice number eh? NOT.
    The Knights Who Say Ni! will be passing us soon if we don't put about a dozen boxen back on this one.
    Can we get those that are doing multiple projects, to put one back on DF? Can we convince guru to just slap 12 back on it, or maybe 6 ? Maybe Dyyryath and guru can each put 6 on it?
    Suggestions? I have all my home boxen back on it full time for the last couple of days. I would like to participate in the other teams, but not until I know we are outproducing everyone's daily totals in DF. We have a good lead, let's keep it if we can.
    On average, 6 1.4 AMDs will put out approx. 550,000 per day. Just look at the output Colin and I have. That's just about what we would need to match them. An extra 6 would ensure our lead widens

Houston, we have a problem

i lost access to the dsl line at work, for my lab boxen

in the past , i could use my personal dial up account that came with my home DSL service to send from those lab boxen

but i moved last month and changed to cable modem (RR) and it doesn't include a dial up account

so i don't really have a way to connect these pc's, except to get another dial up account, but i don't really want to pay $10 a month for a dial up account just for this

my temporary alternative is to change all of those pc's to Eccp
    the reason i will do this, is that it's upload data requirements compared to DF are hugely smaller

i got a sprint pre-paid internet card from quick trip for $10, i need to make it last as long as possible, the amount of time i would need to be online to upload DF is too great, by running Eccp i can just connect monday/wednesday/friday for 10-20 minutes and shoot all the results up

so the short story is that my DF production will be lower, only from home pc's and some servers i have access to

sorry
    Last edited by FoBoT; 05-03-2002 at 11:40 AM.
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Fobot! This is a tradgedy! Can't you borrow someone elses dialup account ?
    Colin Thompson

well, i may have a solution

the guy that lost me my dsl access (let's call him "dsl boy") , sorta came to me and sorta apologized, some kind of "mistake" , or "miscommunication" about the use of the line

i think i may be able to work out a compromise, perhaps if i unplug the NAT box leading to the dsl router (ie unplug my boxen from the dsl line) during the hours he's in the office and just plug it back in before i go home at night and have them upload only at night/weekends, perhaps i won't "step on his toes" so to speak

we'll see

(ps the guys a d!ck )
    Use the right tool for the right job!

As soon as the ECCp team makes #23 (Saturday most likely - 5/4/02), I'll put two boxes on DF.

Sounds like front page pimpage time!!!
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

OK-

I took 3.6 Ghz off of RC5, and put it back on DF.

I was just trying to help out the little Free-DC RC5 effort...

Angus

DF has already got my entire output. I guess I'll try borging a few more. Well, actually not borging per se as that sorta implies secret. Several of my chums at work let me run the client on their machines, and I always get permission first. Or at least try! Anyhow, there's a couple more I may be able to scrounge. All my at-home boxen are crunching full speed.

If anyone knows of a running DEC/Compaq Alpha that needs a good home, free or REALLY cheap, I've got space on my shelf and a copy of Tru64 *nix ready to load...

Anybody heard from ulv ? His output has dropped off the last week or so.

PS. #2 SUX!

Well....... when DF started I was trying to get to 100K in G@H, but I got so caught up in DF that I totally neglected G@H. Just trying to finish what I started, and I'll get back to DF in a week.

And my VP6 (dual P3- 700@933) started to trouble- guess I'll have to consult Steve Watkins soon, or build another dual AMD (now where is my money- f***- had to pay back tax money worth 1 dual AMD), but - I'll be back!
    Terje Larsen

Thanks guys! There is no immediate threat. Just wanted you all to remember to keep an eye on it is all.

Damn FoBoT! That sucks

Originally posted by ulv
    (now where is my money- f***- had to pay back tax money worth 1 dual AMD), but - I'll be back!
    Now THAT really sucks! Maybe the gummint would take a few days' worth of your farm output instead of cash. Crunch for your country!

Glad to hear you're still at it. I'd got so used to you breathing down my neck that I worried when you started to fall back. I'm still chasing ColinT.

:shocked:

Apparently, at some point in the last 24 hours, my client decided it wanted to stop running. Don't know why, there's nothing in error.log (well there's a fatal error about not being able to fetch Biostruc, whatever that is, but it was dated back on the 29th, and I have apparently produced something in the last 24 hours, so that's not it).

So now you've got my P3-800 back (after losing probably 8-12 hours of production).

Sorry about that, but there wasn't much I could do

beth133

Oh no! Looks like beth133 is falling off

Blog Entries
    Got room for one more?

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

w t!!!
    Welcome Moogie!

FINALLY! Moogie is OURS!!!!
    Colin Thompson

Heh, Moogie has come on over, eh?

Welcome Miss Moogie!!

I'm gonna have to bring some machines back to DF to celebrate...

Haven't had the pleasure, but any friend of these guys, etc, etc. Welcome to Free-DC!

Welcome Moogie

I'm as new to the team as you...but thanks for bringing your 5.6M Strucs

See you on irc.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

I've moved 3.86Ghz over to DF to mark the arrival of Moogie

She said it was about time I did. Who can refuse, so I did

Plus I have to give China some compition here at the bottom end of the table

Watch the stats 'ole buddy

Here's to a great bunch of people

Exclamation Re: Number 2

IB . . .I am back at DF starting this evening. I withdrew my two boxes from the Seti Gauntlet at Ars gracefully (actually I am wondering where 12 WU disappeared to, lol).

Anyway . . .I am currently #17 and "hope" to someday make the Top ten, lol.

Jammy

XP 1900 and 1.33@1470 T-Bird

Originally posted by IronBits

The Knights Who Say Ni! will be passing us soon if we don't put about a dozen boxen back on this one.
    Can we get those that are doing multiple projects, to put one back on DF?
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    --William James

Seventeen or Bust: Team Prime Rib

Current status: that lab (the 25 p3/800s in the TTU csc linux lab) are still crunching, but probably not for much longer On the upside i've been recruiting: currently 2 boxen of my own (duron/938 and dual celery/466), 2 roommates (p3/450s), 2 friends (athlon/1.4s screensaver) and their significant others (?), another friend (athlon/900 and celery/500?) (and he recruited a couple of his friends ), my parents (athlon/500 and p2/266 screensaver... that p2 is PAINfully slow, but it does crunch )... my sorta-goal is to have a grassroots network somewhat comparable to the lab soon... but production will likely go down for me sooner or later ah well, it all counts

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    Watch the stats 'ole buddy

Here's to a great bunch of people
    Mmmmm, me wonders what China has planned.

Me thinks I should look at adding some extra power

Does anybody know if they do a client for a Panasonic Microwave

Must add - What about Dyy's Stats (adv)

Richard,

As we discussed...I put my total 4.35 against your 4.7.

So let's see if my all AMD boxes can beat your mix of Intel and AMD box mix.

Watch out top dogs..we're comin for ya!!

As of this AM..FreeDC was only 100K off KWSN's production according to Statsman.

LOL, China.

Now I hope your trip out today does not take you past any shops that sell computer equipment.

I will be checking your latest figures to see if you have added a couple of extra XP's.

Re: Re: Number 2

Originally posted by Jammy
    IB . . .I am back at DF starting this evening.
    Congrats JAMMY on breaking through the Ten Million mark!

Good crunching Jammy!!!

Blog Entries
    Way to go jammy!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Looks like she went back to Ars...

I guess that's one way to get to the team top 10 faster..

Ah, c'est la vie. Bon chance, Jammy.

That means the rest of us just have to crunch faster!
    2.1 M and closing, ColinT.
    Last edited by Paratima; 05-07-2002 at 08:29 PM.

Richard,

You passed me..I found I had zomebies running that were sucking cycles and my DF's were running at 55%

I hope I can catch back up to you...but even if not..we're doing some good strucs for the team. Just don't add any procs without telling me ok? I need a chance to try to keep up

At any rate...good fun : jester:

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    Richard,

You passed me..I found I had zomebies running that were sucking cycles and my DF's were running at 55%

I hope I can catch back up to you...but even if not..we're doing some good strucs for the team. Just don't add any procs without telling me ok? I need a chance to try to keep up

At any rate...good fun : jester:
    Get them zombies kicked in to touch

I had to take the lead to give you a rest

Not to worry at this moment you are back on top. You must have found some structures hiding in a corner.

Spoke too soon role reversal again , not to worry I am away to bed. That will give time to dump some more structures.

I will try and keep you up to date on PC's running DF .

Agree good fun. Plus between us we have managed to contribute over 1,000,000 structures in 72 hours for the Free-DC cause - now thats a good thing .

Catch you later Chinasaur.

Keep DF'ing for Free-DC.

Great example guys!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Great work you two! Have a on the team. I hear IB is buying a round for the house (make mine a double please).

Wow! 1,000,000 structures! Looks like I'm going to have to do some more work just to keep ahead of you guys.,

All of you are doing awesome. The teamwork here is amazing. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

When I started DF less than a week ago, we were 180M ahead of KWSN..now it's only 118M. I guess some people joined with existing totals.

At least we are matching them in production...for the most part.

It's more of the team hopping antics made so famous by KWSN.

This time it's 3DHQ visiting the Knights.

Makes stats all wonky .... starting to make me think the results should stay with the team they were earned on.

I'm going to bring all of my systems (sans work machines) back to DF over the weekend. That should help a bit.

I've been watching your production starting to climb!
    Bring it on Dyyryath!

Blog Entries
    Great news Dyy! Great to have the help.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Heh, I just wanted to hang out where ever Miss Moogie is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast