OK, I've got to admit it. One of the things I always check each day is my smallest RMSD structure. At present, that's 6.30. Oh well, I'm only crunching with a single 500 MHz Dell computer. Anyway, what I also always check is the current title holder.

Just yesterday (or the day before), Millenko (4.73) dethroned Zaphod (4.97) as the new title holder. Zaphod held it for so long I didn't know if s/he (it?) was ever going to be surpassed.

What I think would be fun to know is the date when a member of the Top Ten made that list. And possibly how many days the King of the Hill has been on top. Perhaps even when they're dethroned, the "how many days on top" stat could still be given for them.

Yes, yes, this isn't going to contribute to the science ... directly ... but I would find such fun facts enjoyable to know and I think such things are good for keeping crunchers' interests up ... which is going to be harder and harder to do as the proteins get bigger and bigger thus the longer they'll take to finish. That and it would be a very cheap little additional pat on the back for those that did get to make the Top Ten ... especially for present and past Kings of the Hill.

On a related matter...

I assume as we crunch through this big protein that new Kings of the Hills will be less and less frequent as each new King lowers the bar more and more. I wonder if any of our math wizards here can give a good time-estimate and odds of a cruncher dethroning Millenko. If some team were to creat these odds each time a King is dethroned and another one is crowned, please give the URL to its webpage as I'd like to check it when a dethroning takes place. Better yet, if such a fun fact could be sent in an email, I'd love to sign up for that emailing list.