Thread: News re: ticket backlog

News re: ticket backlog

Hi all,

This is an update on the ticket backlog. As you have probably noticed, the backlog has worsened over the weekend. We could have made all the servers temporarily unavailable to allow the database to catch up with the results - however, it appears this would only cause the backlog to come back in.

We are currently working on adding another machine to our webserver array, which should absorb some of the backlog once it is up. We appreciate you contnued patience, and are continuing to look for even more hardware to be thrown into this problem.
    Elena Garderman

Thanx for the update

Thanx for the update Elena. I will hang on to see if things pick up.

As far as i know there are million(s)s of gens awaiting uploading, so adding of some extra power might not be a bad idee.

Edit, one hour later: nothing seems to bee happening yet . . .
    Last edited by G_M_C; 09-07-2004 at 05:02 PM.
    DPC: We're going for the #1 again

So how many web servers were there before you added this extra one? How will adding a new web server (I presume you mean a ticketing server?) help other than to increase the queue depth. At the moment nothing is going up at all. How can the relatively small amount uploaded at the start of this protein have completely flooded the backend that the following five days have been able to upload so little? I believe the backend server is working but has anyone checked that it is working properly? The current performance profile suggests that your hardware is no longer performing as it has in the past irrespective of the size of the protein.

The current performance profile suggests that your hardware is no longer performing as it has in the past irrespective of the size of the protein.
    yes, we know it has worked many times like this in the past. i am not an expert but something is **** up there. then it will start working again and we will get

backlog :bs:

i just stay -if until it works.

Seems to be speeding up

The mesures you've taken seem to work. The speed is not at it's max, but things have sped up considerably . .

To 1 gen produced 5 gens get upped. Backlog is slowly disappearing.

One favour though, please keep an eye on the server this weekend, and make sure the servers keep running as they do now !
    Last edited by G_M_C; 09-08-2004 at 04:33 AM.
    DPC: We're going for the #1 again

I just put one dir on -ut. Did 1 gen in 20 minutes and then 5 in 2 minutes?

Let's see how far it will take us....
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Everything appears to be fixed....Obviously they keep forgetting to feed the hamster that runs on the exercise wheel that powers the Server Room over the weekends

Lets put the unhappy vibes in the Rant Box and store it in a dark place..Time to Fold hard people
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.