Thread: CPU Potentially For Sale...

CPU Potentially For Sale...

Alright guys, I've got a Brand New Retail Boxed AMD Sempron 2500+. I may or may not be willing to sell this chip depending on the information I can get from the team...

I bought the chip planning to build my g/f a new computer with the ASUS A7N8X-VM400 board (I think that's the name, I've been up forever and a day and quite can't rememer). Onboard Sound, LAN, and Video. She doesn't need the high tech extras like a 5.1 surround sound card or GeForce 50,000,000FX video card.

Here's my thing though, my school is giving me the difference of my bursar account again and I'm getting $1100.

I don't wanna use it all on a computer, but I'm thinking of making a little bit better system for her *coughs*me-for-DCing-but-making-it-look-like-its-for-her*coughs*.

Anywayz, can anyone list the following for me and prices (retail, not OEM):

An nForce chipset board (I hate VIA, so anything but VIA)
    An AMD Processor

I don't think I'm ready to take her to the 64-bit level just yet. She's a big fan of Diablo, The Sims 1&2, AOL, AIM, all that stupid crap. Maybe a good Opteron board?

I'm gonna investigate it too, but I wanna see what people suggest.

If I decide to buy whatever is suggested on here, I'll be selling the Sempron for $50+s&h obo. Paypal (add $5 if you pay by Credit Card), Check, or Money Order.

HELP ME MAKE A GREAT SYSTEM GUYS!

-Jeff

P.S. I'm looking into making a Dual CPU system. Maybe you could suggest a low end Dual Opteron or Xeon setup?
    Distributed Hold'em

Oh yeah, I just thought of something. If I decide to use your configuration you suggest, you get the Sempron for $45 which will include the S&H and no extra PayPal fee if you decide to pay that way.
    Distributed Hold'em

I've posted a topic on builiding the new computer in Hardware Discussion. Maybe I'll get some help there...

-Jeff
    Distributed Hold'em