Thread: Everything you need to know - Join in the fun!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fozzie, the 2 17's in the taskbar go from light blue to dark blue, and show percentages when I put the cursor over them, so it must be running.I just checked the stats at the website, and they show me at 94th place on the team.
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    They will be running, but both doing the same piece of work. Stop them both.

Then go to start->run and type services.msc and hit ok.

Scroll down the list until you come to Seventeen or Bust, right click it and hit start. You should see two instances start again. Look at each one and make sure they are doing different k and n numbers.

If it only starts one, stop the service and follow Fozzies advice to tell it to run two (I don't have to do this normally though myself on my dualcores).

Bok

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Bok maybe not I accidently ran the service and the SOB client and I've got 2 Wu's but so don't know if it's the same as when running SB twice..
    I stopped using the Service as well I stop the client but not the service and then close the client and Im not conviced it doesn't actually start up again - with no visible signs..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

What's this about?

I stopped the client (taskbar version - Windows - not service) to change the setting about "return intermediate blocks" and when I restarted the client it seemed to have gone to the server and grabbed a new WU.

This seems to be the case since the current pending tests page on SOB shows me with two WUs:
    741133 55459•2^12381418+1 63.226.217.64 Wed Nov 8 02:01:55 2006 never 0 % -0
    740273 55459•2^12064990+1 63.226.217.64 Sat Nov 4 22:32:43 2006 Wed Nov 8 02:00:05 2006 3525001 29 % 1888931
    Is this what LAURENU2 was complaining about on the SOB forum? Am I going to lose all the credit for the incompleted WU when it times out? How can I restart it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus
    I stopped the client (taskbar version - Windows - not service) to change the setting about "return intermediate blocks" and when I restarted the client it seemed to have gone to the server and grabbed a new WU.

This seems to be the case since the current pending tests page on SOB shows me with two WUs:

Is this what LAURENU2 was complaining about on the SOB forum? Am I going to lose all the credit for the incompleted WU when it times out? How can I restart it?
    Yes it is I lost close to a year of computer time to that Glitch when a power outage hit here

you can try doing this it does not always work but worth a shot
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7434

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Trying to run this on my box at work... I've changed the Host to sbp.pns.net, and the port to 80. If I try to hit that address in a browser, it comes back with a blank page (no firewall trap though). But whenever the client tries to access it, it fails...

Any suggestions?

It is looking for port 1700
    server.host = sb.seventeenorbust.com | sbp.pns.netserver.port = 1700
    server.proxy.enabled = yes | no (if 'no' other server.proxy. skipped)
    server.proxy.type = socks5
    server.proxy.host = proxy.mydomain.com
    server.proxy.port = 1080
    server.proxy.username = proxyuser
    server.proxy.password = secret
    http://wiki.seventeenorbust.com/inde...tConfiguration