View Poll Results: Should we create a teams forum?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Create a loose teams forum.

3 42.86%
  • Yes! Create a teams forum with one thread per team.

2 28.57%
  • No! I like the way things are.

0 0%
  • No! I don't want any team plugs.

2 28.57%

Thread: Suggestion: Teams Sub-forum

Suggestion: Teams Sub-forum

It seems clear from several posts below that many people want to plug their teams. But I also think alot of the members don't appreciate these ads cluttering up the official project forum. I personally would like to plug my team, too, but I don't want to offend the rest of you and tarnish our reputation.

So I'd like to suggest doing what some other projects have done, and create an area for teams to plug themselves. It might be as simple as a sub-forum, or as complicated as a sub-forum with one thread pre-created for each team.

What do you think?
    Proud member of the friendliest team around, Team Anandtech!
    The Queue is dead! (Or not needed.) Long Live George Woltman!

We, Dutch Power Cows, have our own site www.dutchpowercows.org and our own forum forum.dutchpowercows.org as well as a forum where our stats [DPCHs] are posted and also room is for questions http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_topics/5. So basicly one sticky thread per team where we point to our site, the general Dutch faq, forums and the Dutch SoB-Faq, which I am still rewriting, is for us enough.
    Last edited by Joh14vers6; 12-11-2004 at 05:30 PM.

If we do the one-team-one-thread system, there would be 344 threads (and growing). So I don't think stickying would be an option in that case.

As for the looser forum case, there still might be more people wanting stickys than space on a default-size page (25). Anybody have suggestions how we could fairly decide who gets stickied?
    Proud member of the friendliest team around, Team Anandtech!
    The Queue is dead! (Or not needed.) Long Live George Woltman!

simply creating a subforum sound like the best idea and then the one team one thread should work.

Done!