Thread: OGR-27 block expiry time

OGR-27 block expiry time

Does anyone know the packet expiry time in OGR-27? (i.e. the time that I have to process the packet before it is handed out to someone else) I'm sure I saw it on the FAQ somewhere regarding OGR-NG but I can't find it - from memory it was something horribly short like a week - really hope it's longer for OGR-27!!!
    Last edited by Minty; 02-15-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: packet not block!

I'm fairly sure it's 4 weeks, but I don't have a link to confirm.

However, last time I moved house during OGRp2-25 (IIRC) I had stubs buffered for longer than that, and was still credited in full when I returned them. It's probably discouraged to hold on to them for too long though.

I don't know the official timeout-time of blocks. I *guess* that they are just recycled once in a while as I have not yet seen any recycled blocks. All blocks I get are more or less constantly increasing in ID (not exactly, as the actual ID differs depending on what proxy the client selects).

I've read though that you get *all* units you finish credited, even when they have already timed out for you.
    Engage!

Thanks very much for replying guys - it's very much appreciated and relieving to know that the expiry is a reasonable length of time. I was interested so that I could reassure myself that I wasn't wasting work - especially as my ol' Athlon XP3000+ isn't the fastest machine on the block!!! (pun intended!!!)
    Thanks again,
    Mints