Thread: SBServer - semi-open-source servers for SB

Cool SBServer - semi-open-source servers for SB

The next great leap in prime finding is...Drumroll please...

here! (Almost.)

I've uploaded a web page, and the Javadoc documentation, but I'm waiting for the admins to give me their blessing.

I finally decided to try and push this through after Sceptic's registry editor went over so well.

When (and if) uploaded, SBServer will include a few example servers you can use (such as to add one test to be done *without* using the registry.) It will also include a closed-source API that these open-source servers use, and that you can use in your own programs (if you can code Java.)

P.S. Louie, I did fix that little bug you found, and it does now read the result code.

Please let me release this.
    Proud member of the friendliest team around, Team Anandtech!
    The Queue is dead! (Or not needed.) Long Live George Woltman!

This is great work Ken,

I'm not sure how it will go over however, can you be certain that your program won't be used for dirty deeds? And more importantly if so can SoB protect themselves, this is the only thing I'm worried about.

And that's why I haven't posted the zipfile yet: I'm not sure. I am sure the code can't be used to connect to another server; only to a client. But that and the lack of server source code (there is no source for what's documented with javadoc) are all the protection it's got.

Edit: Louie gave me a cryptic but positive e-mail, so I've uploaded the zipfile!
    Last edited by Ken_g6[TA]; 12-30-2004 at 07:10 PM.
    Proud member of the friendliest team around, Team Anandtech!
    The Queue is dead! (Or not needed.) Long Live George Woltman!