Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHEP future

I'll get dhep.dbestern.com setup on DNS tonight when I get home.
    You going to do the Vhosts ?

Originally posted by ace_dent
    'HitchHiker'- before you get too frustrated, remember this is just my understanding (I could be wrong). However, the info I presented is based on postings from this forum so Miguel did tell you (in the vaguest sense).
    He put a vague note up, in a supermarket on the other side of town you mean. The supermarket I only visit once every 3 months or so. Many people probably don't even know of it's existense.

Miguel promised us, when we give him our email-addresses, that mass mailing would be kept to a minimum. Well, how low can you go? As far as I can remember there never was a mass mailing. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have one.
    Don't Panic!

Great to hear some progress!
    - Good luck with it all.

Things seem to be happening.
    One of my machines even did some work yesterday according to the stats, the others needed a kick to start and now seem to be crunching happily again.
    Don't Panic!

Finally - we have something to show !

http://dhep.dbestern.com/

Be patient as we continue to find bugs and/or fix features

Just showing all of you, that are intrested in this project, that we are getting very close ...

Thumbs up

Blog Entries

http://dhep.dbestern.com/statsGoal.php

Warning: main(meta.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dhep/www/statshead on line 7

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'meta.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/dhep/www/statshead on line 7

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/dhep/www/statshead on line 170
    Could not connect
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \

Everything works except the stats now. (I think)

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/dhep/www/statshead on line 170
    Could not connect

Will have to wait on Bok to figure it out, or Miguel to tell me what I need to do.
    Email was just sent...

Bok doesn't make the stats your boxen create...
    Bok makes the stats your boxen create look better.

Thanks Bok!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It was a simple fix

I just have the mysql users set up for localhost only, not IP driven....

I'll almost certainly get the final pieces done today too

Bok

IMPORTANT: New server beta test

Yey!!

Well done chaps. Let the fun begin...

Feb 22 2005: Beta test of the new DHEP server has begun and will finish on Monday 28th. To migrate to the new server you must change the following in your scripts: every time it says 139.184.166.27 should be changed for stats.dbestern.com. This includes the java.policy file and the launching scripts. Statistics will not be logged for this week to incur no disadvantage to those joining in the beta test. Beta test result will be announced on Monday 28th. If successful all users should migrate and stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the new server. If unsuccessful stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the old server.. Progress of the new server can be checked here. http://dhep.dbestern.com 66.51.209.121

I see results from rshepard !

Looks like we're back in business.

Not sure if it's useful to point out observations in this thread, but currently the 'Fitness Graph' for the current goal is not being displayed.

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Blog Entries
    Yes,

that's because I haven't done a piece on the server I promised to do yesterday

My bad

Bok

Losing client connections

Again, not sure how useful this...
    I've noticed that it seems client connections are often being lost (maybe it's always been this way?). My main machine 'zero' has reconnected twice in as many days, and my 'ace_dent' laptop reconnected half a dozen times when left crunching overnight- now unplugged. This is based on multiple entries appearing for a single client on the Topology page; last night when I checked ~1/2 were actually 'dead' entries.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Looking at the daily stats, it appears that the running total didn't reset at midnight.
    The dates changed OK, but the totals labeled as the 23rd are actually from the 22nd, and today's numbers contain the totals from yesterday.

Note to ace_dent: the "dead entries" have always been a part of the topology map--I don't remember the details, but I don't think they hurt anything.

@rshepard

Ok- thanks for the info. It might be my memory, but it seems these dead entries are more common on the new server?... Could be network issues at my end though.

Woohoo!!! The fitness graph and the daily stats are working correctly now!!

Great stuff... To celebrate I think I'll start powering up some more boxes...

I just noticed the project was back up, so I re-joined it. However manually configuring all my boxes to use the new server is going to take effort I don't really want to expend. Is there anyway somebody could automate this process? Second I just thought I should point out that when downloading the client from the server it still points to the old 139.?.?.? address rather than the new dhep.dbestern.com address (at least for the GUI version), if that is the case for other versions as well it is going to extremely limit new participants.

Blog Entries
    We are working on fixing the download. Unfortunately the addresses and such are embedded in a windows .msi install project and someone needs to work out how to use the relevant applications to fix this.

Stay tuned!

Bok

That part is understandable, but since I noticed the issue with the GUI download version, which isn't encapsulated in anyway - and so should be an easy fix. It might be a good thing to temporarily disable the downloads so we don't get people attemping the project - finding no results - and being upset as a result.

Blog Entries
    The Island_NT.zip right ?

ok, I've fixed that one.

I'll see where we stand on the .msi.

Bok

Idea?

I might be wrong in my basic assumption, but it seemed to me that circuts with fewer gates evolve more quickly to their 'optimal' solution. I was thinking that since the project right now is suffering from limited computational power because of the switch in servers etc if it might be a good idea to evolve smaller circuts until we regain some more users. It looks odd that our final results page indicates that we were steadily churning out results until November and then stopped cold.

Thanks for your comments. However finishing the RD53 run would be a very strong result to complete a series of experiments.

Maybe now the time has come to send that email and notify others that things have changed? I suppose we gain more than a little bit of processing power that way.
    Don't Panic!

Originally posted by prokaryote
    Hi IronBits,

If you want to look at being the primary, I think I can act as an emergency/secondary backup if needed. Would need much hand-holding in order to get the thing setup etc. Have sent a PM to Miguel regarding the situation.

Cheers,

prok
    If we can't get Miguel to assist us in keeping his project running correctly, you can have it

Sorry for not checking the forums for this last week.
    Pls read my email or PM.

BTW anyone who needs to contact me urgently should do so to: miguel.garvie@morganstanley.com and miguelgarvie@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12