Thread: To send or not to send?

To send or not to send?

Should I have my clients set to send after each block or to wait until it finishes a test?

I figure the drawback to disabling the every block returns is stats not updating as often but the plus is crunching more?

This is the title that appears ECL's Avatar
    Unless you have a really fast computer, it's better to check in the intermediate blocks. You have a limited number of days (is it a week or ten days now?) before the project server assumes you've abandoned your test and assigns it to someone else. The countdown clock gets reset every time you submit a block, so it's probably wiser to just check in the blocks than to risk having your work discarded because someone else became the "official" owner of the test while you were out of contact.

Thanks for the info!

As ECL already said, depends on how fast your machines are.

You can also let them run without transmitting and manually switch on that feature once a day. When the next block finishes then all the buffered work gets transfered (I guess it does only transfer the current block-number). That way you get credit every day, don't need to fear to lose the blocks even on slower machines and your clients don't pause after every block to transmit it.
    Engage!

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Originally posted by wirthi
    You can also let them run without transmitting and manually switch on that feature once a day.
    I agree with wirthi. You waste time/speed when you send block by block.
    Another tip is to run the client in normal priority but only if it is a dedicated cruncher. I usually change it at night.

Carlos