Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New additions

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    ugh, my bad, I only implemented it on my new stats server as I've been using that one exclusively. Migrated it back. Hoping to switch over in the next few days anyway...

Might need to wait a few mins for caches to expire, though I see it already on Al's image.

Bok

w00t! Another #1!

Would it be possible to make the combined BOINC score clickable to display the same type of info that is shown when you click on an individual project, such as days to overtake team members and threats? Thanks...

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's doable and a good idea really, but not simple. I don't have the combined data set up as a 'project' as such, for various reasons, so it would not just plug into the pages easily.

But, saying all that, it would likely just need a clone of the user.php written to access the different tables instead and any charts copied too.

Let me get the sites migrated to their new homes this week (which is a lot of work ) and then I'll get onto it..

Bok

It's doable and a good idea really, but not simple. I don't have the combined data set up as a 'project' as such, for various reasons, so it would not just plug into the pages easily.

But, saying all that, it would likely just need a clone of the user.php written to access the different tables instead and any charts copied too.

Let me get the sites migrated to their new homes this week (which is a lot of work ) and then I'll get onto it..

Bok

Blog Entries
    I haven't forgotten the above....

But now that I spent all that time getting the site working correctly again it pointed me in a few directions I've put off considering for a long while.

The 'user experience' - getting pages to load quicker. So on that note, I've added cache-expiry to most of the static files, javascript, css and pngs/gifs etc. This will help considerably as it will be locally cached in the browser.

Secondly, the charts are the biggest components of the pages after this, using about 80% of the size. They are pretty but many times people don't really want to look at them and just get the raw figures anyway. So, Gopher has written a very nice piece of javascript which initially hides the graphs and a button will be available to build them. It means the pages are rendering MUCH faster.

Please provide feedback on this. We've only converted 3 pages so far though -> userbycpid/teambycpid and the proj page. In that last one I had to move the graphs all towards the bottom seeing as they need to be in a single DIV.

Again. Let us know if you can notice the speed difference and if this is helpful or not?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Yes and now i've adjusted it again so you can leave the graphs where they are, works with 2 div's now , will be migrating the team page to live soon.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

www.amdusers.com
    Hi bok or gopher, What is the URL for the BOINC Distributed Rainbow Tables project? When I click on the link in the stats I get an error unable to connect message. Is the site down? The stats appear to be updating and folk are crunching for the project.

Blog Entries
    It's using the correct URL in there, but I can't get to it either. The stats download scripts are failing to connect now too. Looks recent though as it did update just a few hours ago.

Now where did I leave my car? CanoeBeyond's Avatar
    Would it be difficult to make the Overall Team Stats sortable on the Last 28 Days field?

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=spi

Edit: Also Users Stats:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=users&proj=spi

Thanks/Beyond

The Last 28 days field isn't a database field as such it's calculated on the fly not sure if you can sort by a calculated field.

Blog Entries
    Gopher is correct. Whilst it's certainly valid sql to do the order by even on a calculated field it isn't efficient, however in the past I've added fields intentionally like this, and calculated them during parsing, in order to achieve this more efficiently and I'm quite inclined to do this for last28 and and last7. It'll take a few hours as I'd have to switch the scripts off whilst I do table changes and the like, but I'll put it on my list.

Bok

Gopher is correct. Whilst it's certainly valid sql to do the order by even on a calculated field it isn't efficient, however in the past I've added fields intentionally like this, and calculated them during parsing, in order to achieve this more efficiently and I'm quite inclined to do this for last28 and and last7. It'll take a few hours as I'd have to switch the scripts off whilst I do table changes and the like, but I'll put it on my list.

Bok
    I do believe that would also simplify some of the sql we use win, win

Bok
    Thanks much. The reason for bring this up is that we're mulling over changes for project inclusion over at the DC-Vault. One suggestion was for a requirement of a minimum number of teams and/or users in the last 28 days/month. Nanobot felt that it would be too hard to determine user participation over that period. Making your 28 day field sortable would make that simple. Much appreciate your hard work. Undoubtedly the best DC stats in the known universe.

Blog Entries
    hmm, I think this could go further though. What you really want is something showing 'active' users/teams in the past 28 days right ?

I've been coding something recently to calculate and store 'active' users per project/team. Not done too much with the data so far, just a very rough page showing where a team is moving resources and very basic trend graphs like this for example.

I'm only storing active users on a per team basis, but I could extend this up to teams as well as do combinations on the users. Would that work better?

Quick SUM of last 2 days for users;

mysql> select proj,sum(users1) as s1,sum(users2) as s2 from boinc_team_users group by proj order by s1 desc;
    +--------+-------+-------+
    | proj | s1 | s2 |
    | bwcg | 59970 | 60086 |
    | sah | 28009 | 22999 |
    | eah | 24995 | 25145 |
    | rah | 22475 | 22461 |
    | bcpdn | 18521 | 16953 |
    | mil | 12494 | 11599 |
    | mal | 4515 | 4548 |
    | col | 4368 | 4351 |
    | lhc | 3649 | 1646 |
    | spi | 3587 | 3570 |
    | poe | 3034 | 2996 |
    | abc | 3023 | 3011 |
    | doc | 2727 | 2676 |
    | pgrid | 2521 | 2537 |
    | qmc | 2459 | 2440 |
    | ibe | 2149 | 2071 |
    | cos | 2135 | 2148 |
    | hal | 1999 | 1280 |
    | aqu | 1379 | 1476 |
    | dne | 1337 | 1360 |
    | lei | 1300 | 1280 |
    | wup | 1232 | 1241 |
    | sztaki | 1174 | 1133 |
    | vpr | 1164 | 1165 |
    | ps3 | 1051 | 1078 |
    | eni | 809 | 889 |
    | edg | 756 | 761 |
    | sim | 755 | 0 |
    | uah | 670 | 421 |
    | eon2 | 634 | 666 |
    | yoy | 625 | 660 |
    | cas | 571 | 585 |
    | nfs | 565 | 551 |
    | ddh | 371 | 355 |
    | rna | 370 | 380 |
    | rec | 365 | 271 |
    | drt | 225 | 397 |
    | pri | 222 | 238 |
    | alm | 170 | 174 |
    | gol | 149 | 146 |
    | cah | 139 | 118 |
    | ddm | 116 | 134 |
    | rsa | 115 | 106 |
    | ore | 112 | 126 |
    | svt | 84 | 81 |
    | wep | 81 | 90 |
    | burp | 62 | 1 |
    | ger | 52 | 74 |
    | ralph | 43 | 60 |
    | lat | 41 | 36 |
    | hyd | 25 | 26 |
    | cpl | 17 | 18 |
    | con | 2 | 0 |
    | lux | 1 | 2 |
    | aps | 0 | 0 |
    | ete | 0 | 0 |
    | vtu | 0 | 0 |
    | cel | 0 | 0 |
    | mag | 0 | 0 |
    | rsi | 0 | 0 |
    | 3x1 | 0 | 0 |
    | dyn | 0 | 0 |
    | pic | 0 | 0 |
    | tmrl | 0 | 0 |
    | bee | 0 | 0 |
    | gen | 0 | 0 |
    | qcn | 0 | 648 |
    | cel2 | 0 | 0 |
    | pir | 0 | 0 |
    | tsp | 0 | 0 |
    | bra | 0 | 0 |
    | int | 0 | 0 |
    | ren | 0 | 0 |
    | nqe | 0 | 0 |
    | ste | 0 | 0 |
    | att | 0 | 0 |
    | qfi | 0 | 0 |
    | cels | 0 | 0 |
    | mat | 0 | 0 |
    | sahb | 0 | 0 |
    | abcb | 0 | 0 |
    | eaps | 0 | 0 |
    | rev | 0 | 0 |
    | dep | 0 | 0 |
    | orb | 0 | 0 |
    | sud | 0 | 0 |
    | bat | 0 | 0 |
    | xtrem | 0 | 0 |
    | sci | 0 | 0 |
    | pot | 0 | 0 |
    | vcp | 0 | 0 |
    | sup | 0 | 0 |
    | bbe | 0 | 0 |
    | min | 0 | 0 |
    | sec | 0 | 0 |
    | almt | 0 | 0 |
    | lha | 0 | 0 |
    | rnd | 0 | 0 |
    | pah | 0 | 0 |
    | bcl | 0 | 0 |
    | has | 0 | 0 |
    | ziv | 0 | 0 |
    | nan | 0 | 0 |
    | sha | 0 | 0 |
    | ana | 0 | 0 |
    | pro | 0 | 0 |
    | vrs | 0 | 0 |
    | tan | 0 | 0 |
    | ram | 0 | 0 |
    | csb | 0 | 0 |
    | neu | 0 | 0 |
    111 rows in set (0.11 sec)

hmm, I think this could go further though. What you really want is something showing 'active' users/teams in the past 28 days right ?

I've been coding something recently to calculate and store 'active' users per project/team. Not done too much with the data so far, just a very rough page showing where a team is moving resources and very basic trend graphs like this for example.

I'm only storing active users on a per team basis, but I could extend this up to teams as well as do combinations on the users. Would that work better?
    Actually looking for something simpler. Just sorting on user or team credit for the 28 day period on the "User Stats" page would do it. So if the trigger is set at say 100 users it should be easy to see if there were 100 users active (receiving credit) in the last 28 days just by the sort. The same could be done on the "Overall Team Stats" page to determine active teams. This would probably only happen in projects that are past their usefulness and that most users have thus abandoned. Trying to figure ways to make the Vault more vital and competitive. Old virtually dead projects can get stuck there forever with only a few users running them just for the sake of maintaining Vault points. That's fine except that it creates a situation where newer teams have no chance at all of advancing very far in the standings.

Bok
    Did it turn out that sorting on the 28 day fields in the Overall Team and User views is feasible?

Blog Entries
    yes, I just haven't gotten around to doing the requisite table change / script change for the backend yet with the holidays and all. It'll probably be monday before I get an hour or so of peace and quiet

yes, I just haven't gotten around to doing the requisite table change / script change for the backend yet with the holidays and all. It'll probably be monday before I get an hour or so of peace and quiet
    Yes and the turkey should all be gone by then too
    I'd do it but I'm no good at perl

Blog Entries
    I've added the column for last28 for users, indexed it and amended the scripts accordingly and added code to the users page to sort on it within a project

Blog Entries
    I Like it

Blog Entries
    I found another Bug/glitch http://www.free-dc.org/forum/misc.php?do=topposters
    Needs Work

Blog Entries
    I think that was a mod, probably not compatible with 4.0.x and needs an upgrade..

Blog Entries
    Do I get Points for being your alpha Tester

And 1 more thing are the smileys to the right in advanced edit suppose cycle to new ones ?

Hmm I'll look at both those might not be a mod might mean I've missed something when doing the theme.

---- Edit ----
    No Mod outdated - Bok you've got a PM, since your the one with the keys
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 12-01-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Okay Mod upgraded, it now should show for people in the "What's Going On" section - If not let me know i'll fix it... I know that "Free-DC" is showing up or it is for me, trying to filter that name out ... It's just Today's top posters at the moment - need to find a upgrade to the top posters overall mod but this will do for now

---- Edit ----

Found the updated version of Top Posters so that link is back working and viewable Lauren2u
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 12-01-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    I can See Again

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    I can See Again
    Glad you like

Blog Entries
    I've been putting this on my blog last few days but not sure anyone is looking So I'll put it here too..

Added a 'last28' field into the boinc users table rather than computing it on the fly. Not quite 3rd normal form for a database but it allows it to be indexed and sorted in the front end. Coded the perl scripts to calculate it and fixed the 'users' php script to allow sorting.

Amended the nightly script which calculates a users 'main' team across boinc projects. This is a bit of a grey area really. The script basically uses a temporary table which I do a group by insert ignore on each users team. The on with the highest hits gets inserted, the others are ignored. However this meant that say a user was originally in team A for 15 projects way back when and now moved to team B for an additional 5 projects, it would still say they were in team A overall which is not quite true. Would be ok if they could change their team on the original 15 projects but a lot of the older projects are either closed down or not exporting new xml so that's impossible. Likely does not affect too many users, but I altered the script slightly to only use projects deemed as 'active'.

Refixed the coprocessor string sent out in the xml. I'd hoped to get the BOINC devs to separate out he components but no go, so I'm showing it on the host pages undiluted again..

In the movement page like here re-fixed it so that it shows teammovement To AND from the team in question. Added some url links on the fields too.

On the teammovement page linked from a teambycpid page like here added the current score as well as the score at the time to see if the users are still running the project actively.

Amended the historic team movemement on the user page to contain the real teamnames rather than id's only, added hyperlinks. A good example is here which shows lots of movement.

Blog Entries
    Come on Let's hear a round for our 2 SUPPER Admins here at Free-DC
    They put in countless hours here to make sure Every thing is just perfect
    _gopher_yarrowzoo___and___Bok

Come on Let's hear a round for our 2 SUPPER Admins here at Free-DC
    They put in countless hours here to make sure Every thing is just perfect
    _gopher_yarrowzoo___and___Bok
    Thank You LaurenU2, it does make us feel appreciated and useful and not just banging our heads of a wall trying to do things that maybe no-one notices.
    I'm almost done with the radar and well it works but the layout needs a tweak so it will go live when it is ready as soon as I figure out how to do some on the fly changes. Oh Idea - I'm going to try that one later but first time to warm the car up and go forth to work it was a nice mild -9C (15F) here overnight..

Blog Entries
    Every one Notices , But all member are not as outspoken as I am ,after all I am the team Blabbermouth
    I am Sure I can speak for any member/visitor (except Bot's) that we appreciate all the Time Effort and money Bok and gopher put in to providing this service to the DC World
    THANK YOU

Blog Entries
    Does this thread show up on the new list in HOME page http://www.free-dc.org/forum/ (miss labeled I guess)
    Seems to me like it should me http://www.free-dc.org/home/ But heck you know me he he
    I think I seem to only see it show up when I do New http://www.free-dc.org/forum/search.php?searchid=4868

Blog Entries
    I think that's only for new 'threads' and not new posts.

Blog Entries
    Then why is "Jeff's Christmas Lights Thread... " and "Here is your chance Laurenu2. "
    And "Funny Videos " showing up there I started Funny Videos 3.5 years ago

Blog Entries
    Ah, I see where you mean. It's not fully configured, that page, so some of the forums aren't included in those sections.

I'd like to have that as the homepage at some point and get rid of vBadvanced that we use right now, given it's all part of vBulletin now, but haven't had the time to really get used to it's options and layout. Gopher did some work on it and got further than me.

Blog Entries
    I'm good at finding things that are Off he he
    I'd help if I could but code makes me
    My wife tried to teach me cobal and it gave me
    nightmares about GOTOs & IF's stomping me to death
    Reading all the lines of code make my dizzy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Darn Plumbers....
    Let me just fill you in. At Work I can't really code So there is 10 hrs of each weekday out once I get to and from work and eat. I'm Asleep for 6 hrs a day, 8 on the weekend so there is 16hrs x5 and 16 so out of 168hrs in the week there is 62 hrs left. I'm currently redesigning a room in the house. I still have other stuff to do in the house, garden. I have a girlfriend who is far away and really important to me right now and July is when I go see her. So I may get around to it when I find 2-3 hrs in a row to dig into the code and see who it's done

Ya got me..
    Gopher hows the girlfriend & redesigning coming

Gopher hows the girlfriend & redesigning coming
    Hmm The Redesign is done, got done ages ago :P, my girl is fine complaining it's getting Cold in California, I keep telling her the temperature here makes her feel warmer..
    Oh Looked outside More snow is falling - great.

Blog Entries
    Ah, I see where you mean. It's not fully configured, that page, so some of the forums aren't included in those sections.
    Also this page is not included in when you hit the "What's New" button to. So "New additions" is in stealth mode
    Last edited by LAURENU2; 12-06-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Okay Mod upgraded, it now should show for people in the "What's Going On" section - If not let me know i'll fix it... I know that "Free-DC" is showing up or it is for me, trying to filter that name out ... It's just Today's top posters at the moment - need to find a upgrade to the top posters overall mod but this will do for now
    Found the updated version of Top Posters so that link is back working and viewable Lauren2u
    The header " Last Day , Last 7 Days , Last 28 Days , This Month Overall " The text Needs a color change
    I can not see it unless it is highlighted by the mouse

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast