Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New additions

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    They aren't credit badges as such, given they are for subprojects, so there is no current way to calculate them from the available data that I know of.

I PM'd the admin yesterday asking for a downloadable xml file in much the same way that WuProp provide. No response.

*EDIT* at least not without scraping the HTML pages on a per user basis anyway..

Ah. right. I didn't read properly. I had just assumed they were "user.gz" based.
    Thanks
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

For Primegrid, any chance we can update the list of sub-projects in the banner at the top of its stats pages? AP26 and Twin Prime Search finished a long time ago. New projects have been added.
    "PrimeGrid is currently running several sub-projects: ..."
    Current list is on the Primegrid home page: http://www.primegrid.com/
    Cheers, Roger

Blog Entries
    Yup, done.

Thanks

Looks good. A new Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 Problem (LLR) sub-project has just opened in Primegrid. First people have earned their first SR5 badges. Can these SR5 badges be added to the stats?
    The "PrimeGrid SubProjects" banner on the left is also missing "Generalized Fermat Prime Search" and "Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 Problem".
    Thanks,
    Roger

Blog Entries
    Can you link me to the badges please ? I'll not be able to get round to adding these tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    The "PrimeGrid SubProjects" banner on the left is also missing "Generalized Fermat Prime Search" and "Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 Problem".
    Thanks,
    Roger
    The subprojects list just got updated, I've added GFPS to it, can't see S/R Base 5 Problem it' might already be there as Riesel (Sieve) or (LLR)
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    The subprojects list just got updated, I've added GFPS to it, can't see S/R Base 5 Problem it' might already be there as Riesel (Sieve) or (LLR)
    The "GFPS" link doesn't go anywhere useful. Should go to here:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...Prime%20Search
    SR5 isn't on the list of subprojects yet but when its added should go here:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...em%20%28LLR%29
    I've asked Primegrid admin for a link to the new SR5 badges.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Can you link me to the badges please ? I'll not be able to get round to adding these tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.
    Mike@Primegrid:"I think I gave Bok a zip file with all the new badges when the new badge system went in, and that zip file already had the SR5 badges "

Blog Entries
    This is done, they should show up on the next update.

(Edit: This probably should have been posted to the oproject badge request thread. Sorry.)

Love the new badge banner! I want to transition to the free-dc version, instead of the other one I am using today.

It looks like there are only a couple now missing from the free-dc banner, and one that is the wrong color, all from Oproject. Here is the interesting part: One badge showing on my account page at the Oproject is the wrong color per the credits on that very same page.
    Badge list: http://oproject.info/badges.php
    My page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/oproject.png

Mathematics (aka GSCE-SV) shows bronze, which is correct. Missing from free-dc banner.
    Physics (aka Shor's algorithm aka the lock). This one is on the free-dc banner, shown as yellow. But I have over 500k credits, so it should be purple. Somehow that other badge banner figured it out and shows it as purple. It is smarter than the project itself!
    Artificial Intelligence (aka ALX) hows bronze, which is correct. Missing from free-dc banner.

Blog Entries
    hmm, I fixed that at some point for the multiple OPR badges, we must have lost it again. Will fix. *EDIT* Fixed..

I'm just scraping the values from the webpage itself, so whatever badges it shows I get. I could scrape the values as well at the same time and amend the badges, based on the credits. Be better if Oproject got their fingers out and fixed it though

Anything else you'd like to see on the banner? Text with credit, rank, name etc? We've already got code in for it, but it's a little sparse. I know that other banner out there has a personal avatar available, we could do something like that easily enough.

For Gopher, we'd just store it on a table in the static database somewhere. Would actually be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Bok; 06-17-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks! I think we should try to get the project to fix it's badges first. Failing that, then maybe look at correcting them.

Additions? I wouldn't mind my user name and team name.

Formatting? Could the Oproject badges be stacked like WCG? There can be up to 4, I think. And maybe group all of the single badges together? Right now, there are some at the front, and some at the end.

For asteroids, my project page shows 4 different badges, but only one in the sig graphic. They are incremental, so showing the largest implies that you have all the rest that came before it. But unless the observer knows the order of the elements assigned to each one, it is hard to know what it means. Maybe show them all? Just thinking out loud.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Thanks! I think we should try to get the project to fix it's badges first. Failing that, then maybe look at correcting them.

Additions? I wouldn't mind my user name and team name.
    Add &layout=2 to the end of the url and you'll get some text at the top See mine below

Formatting? Could the Oproject badges be stacked like WCG? There can be up to 4, I think. And maybe group all of the single badges together? Right now, there are some at the front, and some at the end.

For asteroids, my project page shows 4 different badges, but only one in the sig graphic. They are incremental, so showing the largest implies that you have all the rest that came before it. But unless the observer knows the order of the elements assigned to each one, it is hard to know what it means. Maybe show them all? Just thinking out loud.
    Yes, grouping is something Gopher and I were talking about yesterday. Need some basic algorithm ahead of time knowing just which badges are going to be displayed to decide the best way to group them.

Blog Entries
    We made some changes yesterday. Oproject badges are now grouped and Asteroids badges display all the badges you have earned (just like they show on the asteroids account page).

A new Extended Sierpinski Problem (LLR) sub-project has just opened on Primegrid. Some people have now earned their first ESP badges. Can these ESP badges be added to the stats? Will also have to add "Extended Sierpinski Problem" to the "PrimeGrid SubProjects" banner on the left.
    I've asked Mike to send you zip file of the ESP badges.
    Thanks,
    Roger

Blog Entries
    yes, I got them off Mike, but I think there is a problem with the subproject data being sent out which is what I use to parse. Can't seem to find this new subproject in there! I've asked Mike.

Appears the stats are being imported correctly:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...pinski Project
    ESP badges still need to be displayed there and on User pages:
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...grid&name=1178
    Primegrid banner still needs to have ESP added as per Primegrid homepage "About" section:
    http://www.primegrid.com/

Hi Bok,
    Thanks for implementing that. Lot of folks appreciate it.
    On the User Stats - Sub Project Breakdown "Extended Sierpinski Project" should be "Extended Sierpinski Problem".
    Can you also fix SoB Jade and Sapphire badges?
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...en%20or%20Bust
    Cheers,
    Roger

Blog Entries
    Fixed,

thanks for the heads up

Blog Entries
    I had to switch the side panel back to Project from Problem as that is how it's described in the xml from PrimeGrid, therefore it's loaded into my database as 'Extended Sierpinski Project' as the subproject.

Code:
        <subproject name="Extended Sierpinski Project">
            <workunits>44</workunits>
            <primes>0</primes>
            <credit>8437.97311314871</credit>
        </subproject>

Thanks for adding the Citizen's Science Grid.

My question is: will you be deprecating the three sub-projects? If not, then what about the over counting?

Thanks Bok!!

Blog Entries
    see here

and

this thread

Thanks Bok, I tried the search function and couldn't find a thread

Bok,

Nice job on the sub MMs and the new Subproject credits page. I think it is a good solution.

There are two small double counting issues with the Subproject page and sub MMs where you are listing two sub-projects and their combined sub-project.
    Oproject -- weird_comb, weird-odd, weird
    Primegrid -- TPS, TPS_195000, TPS_333333
    I like seeing all of them on the subproject credits page but I don't think they should all get used for counting sub MMs. You could make a case either way but I would go for not including the combined when counting sub MMs.

Blog Entries
    yup, still teething issues.

Is there anything we can do to supply you with our subproject scores of WCG?

Blog Entries
    I could write a scraper to pull the data from WCG for some ids (can't do them all as it would be 100,000 reads of the pages!) maybe for those ids where I pull the badges data. I'll have a look at doing that.

*EDIT* I can't seem to find any xml output that shows the data from the subprojects at WCG.

Nearest one is this which I use for the badges but it unfortunately does not give the points/credits
    Last edited by Bok; 10-05-2014 at 12:02 PM.

view-source:https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...Broer&xml=true gives me my WCG points (7 times the BOINC points) too

Blog Entries
    Can you see others though? Think you have to be logged in for this... plus it's not xml even though you have xml=true (though it's still scrapable with perl)

Nope, I keep seeing my own data even when editing the url with other's names

Universe@Home test project now has badges too

Blog Entries
    yup, added them this morning.

I see the WUProp badge has disappeared. No doubt this has to do with the fact that WUProp now has a 2nd badge
    for those who -like me- have extended way past 50 applications running BOINC at one time or another?
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-29-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yup, I had to recode the script - which is working now to pick up the extra badges. But I have to fix the banner script now to pick up the multiples. That will be tomorrow....

You may want to stack the Universe@Home and Universe@Home Test badges too, the banner is becoming too wide (or introduce a third/fourth row of badges)

Blog Entries
    If only it were that easy, that banner is a very complicated script....

Blog Entries
    Added project ranking within project/app to the wuprop hours data. Only showing it on stats6.

With this I can add a link to a page showing each app in project rank order (Work in progress).

I think I will also change this to show the colored stars too like Sebastian has done at WuProp.

See my page for examples. Didn't realize I was #1 on a few of these !! Of course they are opt-in at wuprop so not everyone is displayed..

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Added project ranking within project/app to the wuprop hours data. Only showing it on stats6.

With this I can add a link to a page showing each app in project rank order (Work in progress).

I think I will also change this to show the colored stars too like Sebastian has done at WuProp.

See my page for examples. Didn't realize I was #1 on a few of these !! Of course they are opt-in at wuprop so not everyone is displayed..
    looks like we'll need to recode the banner again! lol
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

so this is my 1st post and hopefully wont be banned for posting in wrong area, cant work out to search the Forums to find the answer, anyhow, ATLAS@home aint appearing on my sig, utopia-i, the TSBT team
    http://stats.free-dc.org/badgesbanne...f108a&layout=2
    what to do ?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast