Thread: # of Structures before Upload

Question # of Structures before Upload

Do the amount of structures between uploads depend on your CPU speed? One of my clients a P3-600 is doing 3000 structures per upload but my P4 1.5GHz machine is still doing 5000 structures. I extracted the new DF client (CASP5) from the same ZIP file.

I noticed the distributedfolding.com/org site went back "temporarily down" again so are there any problems and you are updating the client again or is this just the page you get when the web server is overloaded?

Jeff.

The web site is not down and the server is not overloaded. Please stop saying that, it freaks people out.
    The 5000 is the default if you are not on the net. Otherwise, it gets the number from us.
    Howard Feldman

Sorry, I kept getting the "temp down" message on and off sometimes it would get me to the main pages, other tries I would get the message again.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff.

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    It is my belief that if you are behind a proxy server that you will see the website up/down behavior. I also can see that symptom right now behind my proxy server. When I bypass the proxy and go straight out on the internet pipe I see the website correctly and consistently. My proxy seems to clear itself in 12 hours, then all is good again. Please don't blame Howard's servers, they are keeping up with the load extremely well.