Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sieve Co-Ordination Site

I love 67607
    I see your point... may be we should also think of another name for that page.

BTW, my range over there was completed in 2004, you can drop it from the list.

Matt,

In addition while clicking away on the website, I accidentally deleted a range which I just completed but was working on at that time. Can you maybe add a "are sure you want to delete this range?" question? This could prevent oopsy by others. Thanks.

e

I've added a confirm step to abandoning a range.

I'm not sure whether to get rid of the pending stage or not, I don't really know how much checking up goes on from the admins about what ranges are complete and what aren't. Can I have some input from the admins about whether they think the pending stage is needed or not?

Unverified as Complete would probably be a better phrase. Though, you could just show that list to admins and not show it to people who couldn't touch it anyway.

I love 67607
    How about, "Recently Completed Ranges" ?

I think I might just hide the list completely and put a note to users that once they've confirmed it won't appear in the completed list immediatly.

Or you could use...
    [reserved] when you get a range
    [finshed] when you submit the range as completed
    [completed] when admin confirms it
    The user knows where it's at, no pressure from admins to have it show [completed]

[finished] to the admins means you have work to do
    [finished] to the users means that range was worked on until the end

I like this idea of finished and complete.

I love 67607
    I like that too.

Still, some more brainstorming...

[reserved] when you get a range
    [completed] (or [finished] is fine as well) when you submit the range as completed
    [confirmed] (or [confirmed complete]) when admin confirms it

How about throwing a Verified in there at the end?

[Reserved]
    [Completed]
    [Verified] or [Verified Complete]

Sounds great! I like the past two suggestions the most, not sure between verified and confirmed, both are great though.

Ok, I've changed it in all the places I can find, pending is now "finished" and "complete" is now "verified complete" or "verified" (or in some cases "complete". I assume there is a mechanism some where for the admins to actually be able to verify that ranges have been complete, presumeably when they get sent the fact.txt etc.

Matt,

Users have the same ability to verify if a range has been completed, basically Mike's gap check pages. Although Joe and I believe Mike wrote a couple other programs to check for smaller gaps, read the high-n low-p thread for more details.

Sorry my server was down over the weekend, I was away and there was a 24 hour powercut followed by a misconfigured firewall issue. It should be back on track now.

I just signed in in the page, and after signing in it would be good to be logged in immediately.
    I think, we should start to give us a deadline for when to go out of beta. This thread is quite much dead, I think, everything works quite well, people are posting muchles then before, how about transferring the reservation site to the seventeenorbust server end of July (31 is a Sunday)?
    I'm perhaps the wrong person to propose this because I did nothing, and I have no idea whether the guys who can do it have time or not, but I see that it is working, and Matt did this work in order to get rid of the old reservation system, and not to have two of them.
    Please don't regard this post as insisting and impertinent, but as a respectual bow to the accomplished work.
    H.

O.K. Matt Your site is now live !!!

I've gone through as admin and reserve all ranges <900T and >991T so that there are no overlaps with the forum. Please don't allow reservations outside this range.

We are also going to go with the 991-50M dat from 900T+ so I'd recommend that everyone use it. If people still want to use the older 1-20M dat they can. But their ranges will be resieved again later...

If you insist on using the old 1-20M please reserve using the sieve thread as normal and reserve less than 900T.

Factor density differences between 850T and 900T are not that great. Also the 90% level is at 920T so people will be getting the max points scored. I think this will work well as a transition.

Depending upon how your reservation system works etc we can always expand or reduce it's size. The cross reservations main thread to automated thread should take care of any potential overlaps and stop them from occuring. (91T worth or reservation is a big chunk)

Please post any problems your having with the system here and Matt will try to take care of them.

I'd also appreciate if you could add some sort of date stamping to users ranges. (Auto date stamping that is)

There is a date stamp on all ranges anyway, just on some pages it's not displayed, give me a shout where it's not there and you want it.

Anyone have any comments on the site.

I've updated it today with user info etc, if there are anyproblem let me know.

Matt,

(This is all admin side some problems Joe found others myself)

The "All ranges" needs a from and to so that it doesn't take forever to respond.

Also it has to refresh every time I change one range. Second if there is a mistake or overlap etc in edit 3 of 5 the 4th and 5th don't change even though they are correct.

This wouldn't be much on an issue if a from to were allowable.

Also when editting a range to split it it told me that there was an overlap.
    An overlap with its former self???

I was able to get by this with a delete then enter it twice to split it...

How hard would it be to allow the beginning of the range to be increased leaving a gap and or the end of the range to be decreased again leaving a gap? (Quick Fix)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123