Thread: So whatcha doin this weekend?

So whatcha doin this weekend?

It is H O T outside this afternoon. Too hot too soon. I'm staying home this weekend and got so bored I even put another system together from parts sitting around. An old t-bred xp2600 on to a new gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ m/b with onboard video. Had an old 2 gig disk around so for fun I put a copy of ZipSlack on it. And then kicked off eon, only to have it time out, so I then fired it on on TSC to let it burn in a little. Then will probably load that puppy up with FAD and add it to the farm. Only have one more m/b left, and I have an xp1800 I can put on that. Other than that, just sitting here watching the cpu fans turn................. really enlightening.

So someone else must be out there that didn't go traveling this weekend and is just having a totally exciting afternoon too.................. .

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Cleaning and tidying the garage....

I'm sure I could put a mini farm in here, after all it's on it's own circuit....

hmm, /me thinks of a some wiring ideas.

Hot here too

Bok

Originally posted by Bok
    Cleaning and tidying the garage....

I'm sure I could put a mini farm in here, after all it's on it's own circuit....

hmm, /me thinks of a some wiring ideas.

Hot here too

Bok

Ahhhh........... to be so lucky. My garage is rather electrically challenged. Otherwise I'd have a farm out there too........

Just got back from a trip to the store with the wife. Bought the last two big bottles of Beck's Dark they had. Happiness is spending a holiday weekend at home, with the A/C going, your very own bed, a computer terminal and a nice cold beer or two! Techno jock through and through!

Blog Entries
    Had a couple of beers myself already

Beck's is good. I've got some Warsteiner in the fridge and a 4pk of Boddingtons

Enjoy my friend, one day we'll havea Guinness together!

Bok

Been a workaholic lately....

But I have the next two days off and want to check out any in-store deals at Fry's electronics. I haven't been there in a while and they don't have the best prices usually but this being a get-away holliday weekend they may actually have something at a decent price for a change. Otherwise I'm going to veg-out.

picnics and BBQs

already had a few beers today, Coors Light and Coronas. Lots more of that these next few days.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Hmm got a long weekend here, no need to hit work till tuesday, ya so just chillin' out... not really doing much as I don't have the $$$ right now to do anything darn car services...
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    All you guys are lucky I had to mix and lay a 8 x 10 concrete floof for a bathroom I am running in my basement Got to move around about 4000 Lb and I am sore and need a soak

Fly me out there and give me a computer or two and I'll do all the work for ya. :-p

-Jeff
    Distributed Hold'em

heh..... ya, I've got a bathroom remodling job coming up before too much more time passes.... not really looking forward to it as I hate doing bathroom remodels. Seems like they always turn out to be a much bigger pain than you ever figured, specially when it's your own!

No real plans for me. I just enjoy having more than one day off in a row.
    Too bad the only reason I got a long weekend is on account of our 130k router droping a pinnion gear Techs comming in tuesday thank god.
    No shortage of beer here BTW

Worked some o.t. today, and pressure washed the deck around the pool.If I don't croak from heat exhaustion first, gonna vacum it on Tuesday, get the chemicals squared away, and open it for the residents, on Wednesday.Of course, since I live where I work, this means I can jump my butt in to it, as soon as I officially open it!! Gonna barbacue tomorrow, and probably Monday.Other than that...JUST CHILLIN!!!!
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

Always nice to see that there are some devoted crunch addicts that didn't desert their computers this weekend holiday!!

im mulching the flowerbed for my mom then spending the rest of the day with my girlfriend

Just Chillin and Grillin for me.

I received an email from Bok about his escapades moving 13 bags of mulch.... well I should not have chuckled to myself cause the wife picked up on the brain waves and now I've spent the morning outside stringing water drip lines, etc., and putting up lattice work for flowwers and vines. Such is life! Sure is a nice day though for those out fishing, water skiing, picnicing and all those other outside activities!

Blog Entries
    And I just finished moving them all... and planting 6 rose bushes

Luckily my son was crying that he wanted to watch Thomas the Tank engine, so I volunteered

Still have to pressure wash the garage yet though

Bok

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Bok
    And I just finished moving them all... and planting 6 rose bushes

Luckily my son was crying that he wanted to watch Thomas the Tank engine, so I volunteered

Still have to pressure wash the garage yet though

Bok
    It neer seems to end does it? At least it's no longer cold, that is some help. Tonight though...bbq. Our neighbors are coming over...we're grilling some steak and pork chops (hot dogs for kids), corn on the cob and having some cole slaw and baked beans. Tomorrow may be back to work but I'm planning on having some fun before that.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries
    Early night for me, already had the BBQ at lunchtime. Have a 6.15 flight in the morning, so I have to get up around 4am Maybe only a couple of beers....

Bok

Blog Entries
    Ouch...that's painful. Where are you heading out to? How long? It looks like I won't have any more trips until around the end of July. I'm liking that. Have a save trip Bok.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries
    Flight to Miami, then driving up to Delray Beach

Work again though, I'm at the corporate offices of Office Depot.

Bok

Free-DC's Prime Search
    My exam season at university will start within two weeks but I already started studying. First test on June 13. Next wednesday I will have a presentation of my final project so all weekends until July are reserved. That's life!

Carlos