Thread: Add me in.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Add me in.

Hi guys and gals.
    I`m just finishing off some F@H and I`ve got FAD installed on one machine and will have another (both dual AMD 2.2 and 2.4) up and running as soon as my young compadre figgers out wtf is up with the raid 5 keep losing a drive.
    Beef Steak is my staple diet nowadays and I`m always up for a COWS Bar-B-Q.

Could do with a sticky FAQ in here as I had a heap of trouble just finding the team number.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Welcome to the team!

I think a sticky in each section explaining the goal of the project, official support forums, links to 3rd party add-ons and other guides and just basically compile all important info into one topic would be a great thing to do. What do others think? I should have a fair amount of free time this summer to put together something like this.

Blog Entries

Welcome to Free-DC FAD

Our Fad Team Number is 2020

Garb a fork and step right up <_> _________

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the BBQ Shish.

PS2, yes we'd always be happy to add in the stickies. Actually you've just reminded me about the updated projects page you sent us too. I must get that in...

Bok

Welcome!

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar

Re: Add me in.

Originally posted by Shish
    Hi guys and gals.
    I`m just finishing off some F@H and I`ve got FAD installed on one machine and will have another (both dual AMD 2.2 and 2.4) up and running as soon as my young compadre figgers out wtf is up with the raid 5 keep losing a drive.
    Beef Steak is my staple diet nowadays and I`m always up for a COWS Bar-B-Q.

Could do with a sticky FAQ in here as I had a heap of trouble just finding the team number.
    Some Steak would be a good thing.

You got some spare BBQ sauce...I seem to have used all mine again.

Woof!

magicfan241
    Check out the Internet Book List! 44,000 titles listed and growing!

Welcome to the barbacue!! Heyyyyy....we're outta steak knives, and A-1!!! Someone needs to get to the store, and restock!!!!
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

Check the fridge - someone re-stocked the beer and pushed all the A-1 to the back....
    FreeDC Mercenary

Originally posted by rsbriggs
    Check the fridge - someone re-stocked the beer and pushed all the A-1 to the back....
    Ooops.. that'd be me. Sorry folks, my bad!

/me goes to restock the fridge the proper way. Throw the A-1 sauce out of the fridge to put in more beer.

There ya go. A-1 sauces are now in rsbriggs fridge.

Welcome shish. If you have any questions regarding FaD, just post em here and we'll help you out.

All up and running 24/7 on one machine. T`other will follow soon.

A1 sauce, that brings back memories but it`s HP we use in UK and I make my own Bar-B-Q sauce from unripe tomatoes and some other secret ingredients from an old family, Norfolk, recipe.
    Plenty in my fridge just help yerself.
    my personal fridge in the hospital is marked up "Dangerous Drugs" and holds ample quantities of Stella and Carlsberg Special Brew and the home bar has both on tap courtesy of the family having several pubs at one time. Unfortunately we are down to 2 just now but it still enables a good stock to be kept up and super ice cold beer from special double chillers is always available. I reckon we started the trend in UK for super cold cos we were doing it 2 years before the big companies started to use it in their advertising. Maybe we should have patented it.

Ars TDOW Pack GoombaReconDog Stratcat's Avatar
    <ot>

Originally posted by Shish
    my personal fridge in the hospital is marked up "Dangerous Drugs" and holds ample quantities of Stella and Carlsberg Special Brew
    Hehe...in the hands of some ppl, alcohol IS a dangerouse drug!

the home bar has both on tap courtesy of the family having several pubs at one time. Unfortunately we are down to 2 just now but it still enables a good stock to be kept up and super ice cold beer from special double chillers is always available. I reckon we started the trend in UK for super cold cos we were doing it 2 years before the big companies started to use it in their advertising.
    Oh no! The further Americanization of Europe???

I thought it was us Yanks that got the brunt of the "Ice Cold & Thin as Water" marketing spinmeister's spiel.

Give me a heavy-as-lead Polish Pivo Zwyciezca, only slightly chilled, along w/a shaker of salt (take that, Jimmy Buffett), a Czech Pilsner Urquell or Yugoslavian Niksicko Pivo at near room temps, or just draw me a Guinness Stout at room temp!

/me shudders at the thought of an ice cold "lite" anything....

'Kay Shish, I sniffed you out!

The good Dawgs wander far & wide, and are now to be found on many different fora & boards. But as Kurtconi stated in WOOF-IV, and as I recently admonished Brad: Once you've marked the contract and "Woofed", the only way out of "This Thing of Ours", is "Paws First". Even that, is provisional (yes, we do have dawgs in the afterlife, the ethereal, & the paranormal worlds, as well as some practiced in astral projection). You can run, but you cannot hide.

So enjoy your travels, and may they sincerely bring you happiness, 'cuz one thing all us Dawgs understand well, is wanderlust! But don't ever forget, wherever you go, & whatever you do, that you're a Dawg at heart, and that fact, my packmate & friend, you cannot escape.

You will always have your packmates behind you, wherever you are.
    /me hands Shish a Stella

Strat

WOOF!

</ot>

/me reserves further OT discussion for the lounge & other appropriate subfora
    Pack GoombaReconDog

"Cry 'Havoc !!' and let slip the dogs of war !"

Originally posted by Stratcat
    /me shudders at the thought of an ice cold "lite" anything....
    :shocked: Im sorry but nothing better on a hot day then an ice cold Corona Lite with a lime. Second best would have to be an ice cold Coors Lite. Warm stuff.... your crazy....

As I said in my final post, leaving paws first is always a possibility ATM.

I have always been noted for loyalty and even after attempts to subvert me into a Rolling Stone, I maintained that.
    I still meet and do favours for friends I`ve not seen in the flesh for 30 years so I think you can say I WILL always be a Dog, probably in more ways than one.

Anyway, always nice to see you Strat and I may get over to Kilt`s place some day but though I do a lot of reading in both tech and sci fi it`s maybe not my type of home.

As to beer and lager, well I guess I`m old fashioned in that I prefer the original stuff. IE lager as in where the name comes from, Germany. To be more specific, my other half`s Father is a Bavarian inkeeper (actually more like a multi millionaire string of inns and hotels nowadays) and he still brews his own properly at his base inn and brewery. I do drink several different types and also some belgian and pilsners.
    But at home I prefer easy to drink stuff like Stella or Carlsberg which the kids can also drink (supervised of course but we start `em young here without your nambie pambie liquor laws and teach them some respect for alcohol) .
    I think my preference for colder than colder started after we used to freeze white wine in the freezer when I was young and foolish to make it strong enough for a decent party and we had a few blasts with that but I introduced it into our pubs a good few years ago and it took off very well, near tripled our lager sales. And that was a good few years before any of the commercial boys over here even thought about it. Wouldn`t be surprised if the idea came from us cos we used to host party nights for the major sales people and a lot of our local hostelries were complaining about people asking for super chilled after being to one of our pubs.
    I actually spent quite a bit of time getting it right cos you can`t just chill a whole cellar down to near zero, it spoils a lot of other beers. And I had to import the extra capacity pump chillers but that became easier when we got a tie in with one of the US big boys on another project.
    The pubs were a lot of hard work and not the most profitable business but I was sorry to have to more or less pull out of them last year and my 2 boys are now back in there but only with a couple so far as the business is really cut throat now and not easy to make money from if you`re competing with some of the big chains.

Anyway, might have somewhere to put a few DC rigs soon as I miss the Anthill and big old fashioned pubs have big old fashioned cool cellars ( and free electric helps).

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Any pubs I might know Shish ?

Bok

Prolly not now, we had about a dozen pubs spread between Gateshead/Durham and the Lakes plus one in Ripon off the market place, not far off the castle.
    Even managed to get raided in one and the police confiscated all 11 of my rigs cos they thought I was a hacker what with all the bare boards and wifi stuff (long range experiment with one of my BT chums) plus a big dish outside on the balcony.

The boys are mostly around Doncaster and Barnsley now as well as a stable yard (Tony`s an Eventer trainer) next to Blackpool.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!!!!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Well, my young compadre has been in and he`s got my other dual Amd running after replacing the second Antec psu with the old Enermax it had originally.
    Seems OK and I`ve vnc`d into it and put FAD and Dimes on it and it`s running like a train at 2.4Ghz of AMD 2500 Barton mobile goodness.

More coals for the Bar-B-Q please and some extra sauce needed