Thread: memory leaks...

memory leaks...

I have a display.txt file that appears to be some sort of dump done before the client shut itself down.

Should I email this to someone?
    FreeDC Mercenary

I will, of course, bow to the project admins and purchase oodles of ketchup in praparation for eating my hat (LOL - it is made from cow hide)...

However:

If you examine the file, you should find that it contains the text contents of the text window from the latest windows client

This file is updated continually as it the text that is displayed in the window changes

In the latest Windows client you can view this pane while the client is running by clicking on the "+" button on the right hand side of the client tool-bar. It is "shuttered" by default, so some may not have seen it.

So, if you close the client, the "Modified" timestamp on the "display.txt" file should be sometime in the last 60 seconds, if the client is sleeping, or possibly longer if it was in the middle of a calculation.

However, if you get some really odd client crash behaviour and the client should hang or exit abnormally, it might pay to look in that file for a client-based message to determine if the exit was initiated by the client, otherwise the exit would likely be initiated by the OS for some external reason, like a conflict of memory access with another program, or the user initiating the client shutdown, etc.

I hope this is helpful.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Memory leak on client

Hi,

Sorry for the long response time!

We have knowledge about a potential memory leak in the client software. We have used all kinds of linux and mac software to track it down but have not suceeded yet. A very odd thing is that it is only our windows client that claim there is a memory leak.

I do know it is not a solution but it is just how it stands.

By the way, it is not a severe problem.

Kindly Andreas