Thread: ./fadsetup -help

./fadsetup -help

O.K. Guys question: Is there a way for me to print the help screen?
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you mean on the linux box...

I'm further guessing that it's just scrolling by too fast and you don't really want to print it ?

./fadsetup -help | more

then use space bar to advance

or

./fadsetup -help > fadhelp.txt

then you can just read the .txt file in an editor.

Bok

Bok, yea I'm talking about the linux box.I also know how to use the pipe more command.I would just like to print the commands to but in a binder for future reference.
    THE MORE I WORK ON MY COMPUTERS,THE MORE HAIR I LOSE!!

./fadsetup -help | less

(Less is nicer than more, IMO. For one, you can scroll backward, and for two, you can search. )

./fadsetup -help | lpr

I think that'll print it, anyway. lpr may need options; that depends on the way your distro configured printing. Otherwise, you can do something like:

./fadsetup -help | a2ps <options> | gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 -

The -sDEVICE=ljet4 is for HP LaserJet 4 family printers (anything that speaks PCL4). Other devices are available; to see the list, do a gs -h, and it's part of the printout.

I don't remember the options you'd pass to a2ps; that program turns plain text into PostScript, so you'd pass things like the font to use, the paper size to use, whether to pretty-print the text (this is useful if the text is a program listing in a language that a2ps knows about, but it probably isn't useful here), whether to include a border, etc. enscript or genscript is an alternative to a2ps that you may have installed. See the manpage for the valid options, and decide which ones you need.

And I'm not positive on that - at the end of the gs command. I'm pretty sure that'll make it read the PostScript that it needs to print from stdin, but I'm not positive. That should be in gs -h also.

If your printer is not the parallel-port type, you'll need a different output file, too. I don't know what USB printers use, because I've only ever printed to my LaserJet 1100 from Linux, which is not USB capable.
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

you can just open the fadsetup.hlp with any text editor and print it out.

cheaters sometimes prosper!

FADStats.com has a Linux Script Generator that is very helpful if you want full control over your linux boxxen (well, the FaD portion of it anyway).

Very, VERY useful! If you're using fadinfo, be sure to opt OUT of the beta, or fadinfo will fail to work!

Doesn't quite answer the question about ./fadsetup -help, but it sets up most of the options without having to query what they are first, so I thought this info might be of some help.

Now get to crunching!

The whole world, de-acidified and filtered

http://redukt.org