Thread: FAD file cleanup

FAD file cleanup

I was wondering if there was an easy way to cleanup the files that FAD leaves behind? Under Linux I see hundreds of .smi files plus a few .log and .dat. Under windows I see .log, .lis, .pdb, and .msk for each job plus in the cache directory hundreds of .smi files.

The .smi files are the Molecule files, these are kept in the cache so they don't need to be downloaded again in future. Saving FaD bandwidth and yourself if that matters.

It also enables FaD to auto-generate a new job if you run out. This assumes you have one of the connection options that alows it, they are still to be done and yuo have the molecule file on hand.

In other words there is no need to delete them unless you have a space problem.

Log files that can be deleted are any other than Server.log, <computername>.tlg and loader.log . Although they'll be recreated when you restart the client.
    But it's best to stop FaD, trim all but the last weeks log entries (just incse they are needed) and restart the client.
    Server and .tlg can ballon in size unfortunantly under certain circumstances (like no internet connection)

pdb files may be reused in future if a query is extended but you'll download another one if it's needed (one of the larger files though)

etc..

Under linux you can use fadinfo and it has a clean up option (never used it)

There is a program for windows as well but you don't use it.

Be careful not to delete .lis .log .pdb . msk .dat .smi for anything in the queue otherwise you'll have lots of Failed jobs