Thread: "News and Discussion" discussion

"News and Discussion" discussion

The last post in "News and Discussion" was on June 17th. Unlike the project forums we have, which can fall in and out of favor with Free-DC, I feel it would be prudent to either open up News and Discussion to postings by everyone or loosen up whatever standard determines something newsworthy.

For example, the recent news of technological advancements involving "vertical bits" on hard drives was something I found very interesting and would probably interest the Free-DC community even though it's not necessarily something I'd consider a Distributed Computing topic. Also, links to dual-core news might also interest the DC community, and IS, in my opinion, a Distributed Computing topic.

I just thought this needed to be discussed and considered.

Blog Entries
    Hi Jasong,

Great idea, but we are trying to keep the authorized posters to a minimum, due to content objectives.

As a rule, it's always been Free-DC's policy to allow its members to email/pm links, stories and comments to any one of the administrators here. If the article falls in line with Distributed Computing/Computing interest, it will be posted, along with the name of the contributor.

All we ask our members to refrain from is submitting articles that are not directly related to the aforementioned topics.

I'll admit...we've been a bit slack on the news posting, but we are a laid back community. Unfortunately, sometimes, real life gets in our way and we get busy and forget.

But, we always appreciate members such as yourself, bringing things like this to our attention, and reminding us that we need to get back on track.

Again, the administrators welcome submissions. Feel free to PM/email any of us so that we may better provide you with what you need.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc