Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CASP5 - inform us IMMEDIATELY

Michael:

I believe the problem is that people are hitting 'Q'. If you do this you'll get the Server Down message. If you leave it alone and let it go 'naturally', as you called it, it will note the server is down, but it will keep going, and thus no human intervention will be required. Thus as long as you can live with wasting up to 5000 structures (until we change that) just tell your comrades to leave their computers alone during the updates. No intervention is required.
    Howard Feldman

Ok Howard,
    I will pass it along even though some people will still be disappointed about the loss of 5000 structures. But with the announced changes concerning this "old structure" issue I think it is all going to be just fine.

Michael.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Time to fes' up

The above posts by 'Randreh_toeht" where made my me.

Spelt backwards, the name Randreh_toeht = theotherdnar...

I appologise to Jodie and to pointwood, also to anyone else that the above posts offended or upset.

Wayne aka dnar.

Nice. Just shorten it to "llort" and it will be easier to type.

Lollipops and Arsenic. Learning to love The Bomb.

This started out as an incendiary posting after reading the reply to dnar’s apology. After re-reading the original, I deleted it. I suppose we are all a part of a community and in that respect, everyone’s knowledge, thoughts and views form it. Without elaborating I simply want to make a couple statements for better or for worse and hope for the better.

Dnar’s alter ego’s post was poor form. He did come through in the end though. While it doesn’t excuse him, it was the right thing in the end. Not everyone is capable of doing what he did.

The response to his apology; Well, that’s the rub. There was definitely a lack of decorum there.

Everyone should be able to post his or her view/question/suggestions without fear of being derided. Last I saw there was no minimum production to qualify for this privilege. Even dumb questions can have profound answers.

Michael H.W. Weber’s post was a little rough on the edges. We all have our moments. It’s how we follow them up that is the true qualifier. There were a couple valid questions in there well worth discussing.

Jodie, Jodie, Jodie. You are a different kind of cat, aren’t you. The cold war is over. It’s a kinder, gentler world. Take it easy on us hapless Windows users. You seem like a really interesting person but your computers keep getting in the way.

I’m going to go crunch some proteins now.

That's strange, I received email notification of the posts to this thread just today, some 8 days after the posts by Jodie and Auritania...

Dyyryath - Can you please check your mail logs, I would like to know if the delay was at your end or with my ISP... (They are know for problems).

Cheers.

PS:- I was not surprised by Jodie's response to my appology.

My fault! Sorry, the mail server stopped. Dyyryath caught it tonight. He's gonna add a script to make sure it don't happen again.
    I'm sure a ton of mail went out tonight...

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    YEP - I got more than 20 mails
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12