Hey everyone, you can look over at the Free-DC forum under the Seventeen or Bust (Free-DC) team forum (not this official one) for the whole post. I have a few questions because I'm running an AMD machine and I think sieving is faster for AMDs than p-1ing right? Well, I need some help if I'm going to switch to sieving and need some links to follow so that I can get in the groove. At the moment I'm using the SB.EXE client which everyone tells me is for p-1ing...

I don't care if I find a prime or not, I just wanna get the best use out of my machine. Here is an excerpt from a post of mine:

Which client do I use if I want to sieve? (If it's LLRNET then I'll stick with p-1ing). I wish someone would make a program for sieving that would allow you to reserve a range via the program. The program would download a list of "reserved" and "available" rangers from a host server. If the server has waited too long for a "reserved" set of data to be returned, it would automatically bring it back to the "available" list. Then you could highlight a range (or a few ranges) that you would like to "reserve" and sieve for.

This would make the "babysitting" task less time consuming and you wouldn't have to look through threads to see who's "reserved" what. It would all be server handled and "distributed"...

If someone thinks this is a decent idea and knows how to get into contact with the SoB people easily, then be my guest and pass it along. I really feel too "new" to the project to be throwing ideas into the project managers' faces...

-Jeff