Quote Originally Posted by Dyyryath
I guess what I'm saying is, we drop the home page, clean up the existing non-project categories and create kind of a mashup of all of the various things that Free-DC offers. It would be kind of a 'control panel' for Free-DC where you could see new posts, the current stats and access the forums all in one place. It would let us keep the forums as is for people who like them, but maybe offer something a lot more newbie friendly as an initial public face for Free-DC.
I like the sound of this. The front page definitely needs to be trashed if it isn't going to be updated regularly. Alternatively, if there are some people willing to keep it updated, perhaps it just needs sprucing up. Having said that, I kinda agree that here is where all the action is, so perhaps www.free-dc.org should just come straight here.

One thing I wanted to disagree with is integrating the Super Computer. I understand that probably quite a bit of work went into it, but ultimately it is useless. Look through at some of the dates and see out of date it is. Also, with people jumping ship so much these days, do you really think people are going to be bothered to make daily changes to their Super Computer entries (or remember which computer is crunching which project)? Basically, I think it is too much work for everyone to keep it completely up to date, and if it isn't up to date it may as well be trashed.