Thread: 60 Days To 1St Place

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitchell@cox.net
    Heh heh, you guys should set your boinc radar's to something a little more achievable, and more to your stature than team AMD_Users

Jeesh, even the Frogs gave you a tough time while they were off cooking croissants, sneering taunts at you, and running away.

but, if that wasn't enough to make you switch to team Anonymous.... there's the most recent team pie in the face event, .... some group called Boinc_Synergy just put the THUMP on you. Did you notice ?

Do you want to take out a Boinc loan to cover your debts?
    I think you need to learn to read numbers

Boinc Synergy are 1.5M behind...

oh and please don't spoil our good relationship with AMD Users especially on a first post here..keep it friendly.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok

oh and please don't spoil our good relationship with AMD Users especially on a first post here..keep it friendly.

Bok
    Actually, Bok, if you reread his post, only people of French heritage(I'm 1/4th French) could possibly be offended by his assertions. Oh, yeah, and Free-DC members too. Though if you divide output by number of team members, Free-DC ranks a TON higher in most, if not all, projects. We'd probably have a good number of number one spots if that was the metric.

Bok
    You have to excuse some of the Juvenile's on our Team Bok, they get a little excited at times ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy
    You have to excuse some of the Juvenile's on our Team Bok, they get a little excited at times ...
    hiya PoorBoy long time no see How are you
    I tried to say Hi on your turf But

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

Touchy Touchy, I can read just fine thank you. I was referring to the Team RAC numbers Bok (Good indicator showing team participation, I think you just dropped to 4th now). Lighten up.

It's all in fun and for team competition. You guys razz others, and we razz you back, all for sparking up interest in what we do.

Go get some more of your guys to join in the competition, and we're doing what we can to stay in there with ya. You have a great team with impressive stats in just about every project I've seen, but it looks like a 3 way race currently in this one. I see the French team is back in the chase also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok

Bok

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

Touchy Touchy, I can read just fine thank you. I was referring to the Team RAC numbers Bok (Good indicator showing team participation, I think you just dropped to 4th now). Lighten up. :
    Well I think you are looking that that the Wrong way
    Rac's do not mean squat I can save up point and dump My Rac go's way up.
    Does not mean much because I run out of WU's to send in and my RAC drops
    But now if you Look at what a team or member produces over a sustained period like a month you get a much more realistic picture of the over all performance
    Now look at Who produced the most over the last 28 days You will see Free-DC has produced the MOST of all teams
    L'Alliance Francophone comes in 2nd and AMD Users is 3rd BOINC BOINC is 4th

And the last thing you need to look at is how many team members are returning work
    Free-DC has 11
    AMD Users has 28
    L'Alliance Francophone has 50

Points well taken LAURENU2,

yup you guys really turn them out!

Your output in particular is very amazing. I hope you have someone else to pay that electric bill those beasties must create.

Blog Entries
    Points well taken LAURENU2,

yup you guys really turn them out!

Your output in particular is very amazing. I hope you have someone else to pay that electric bill those beasties must create.
    Yes A lot of members at here Free-DC have a lot of Power and High Elect bills to prove it
    As for me I built Evey PC I have, and run them all from my home I do not Borg any powerfrom other people
    I wish I could but not being in the IT field or mainstream work place makes it impossible
    Rigid now I /we are stretched over 3 main and many if not all DC projects ,
    If Free-DC ever came to a project with all or more then just a dozen members it would be a site to behold

You're right Lauren

back in the days of Distributed Folding we had some serious firepower on it. Even enough to hold off both Ars technica AND DPC when they were both going at it full bore.

I had 60+ P4 boxen at that time and I know that I was nowhere near our top producer.

It was awesome.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie
    back in the days of Distributed Folding we had some serious firepower on it. Even enough to hold off both Ar's technical AND DOC when they were both going at it full bore.

It was awesome.
    I think it could still happen But Free-DC does not push vary hard to focus the efforts of the membership to any one project.
    As our name implies Free-to do any -DC and so shall we do
    And Thats what I love about this place. We all support each other in what ever
    we want to do even if it is to (Swearing off BOINC ) or going to other teams to help them out