Thread: usernameQQQsecondpass queue

usernameQQQsecondpass queue

I do not know if this is just local to my network or is the usernameQQQsecondpass queue not able to get any wu. I had to change to my first pass username "engracio" to get a wu.I hope this is not the case in general because it would affect all those machines which are remote and using QQQsecondpass id.

Maybe this is so that people will not just dump the secondpass wu when first pass became available but can those machines at least get some work to do? First or second pass. Thanks.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...1#286009610931

Originally posted by VJS:
    Looks like we switched back to firstpass again, intention or not secondpass ran out of tests at 10M.

Wonder if that could be why?

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...1#286009610931

Originally posted by VJS:
    Looks like we switched back to firstpass again, intention or not secondpass ran out of tests at 10M.

Wonder if that could be why?
    That is what I suspected but could they at least give them some wu. To suddenly just cut them off cold without any kind of warning is not so cool.

I hope they just forgot and turn it back on.

I hope somebody that is in the know address this issue because I am sure I am not the only one who has remote machines and do not have access to those boxes. Thank you.

I have a remote machine on secondpass myself, so I hope the secondpass-queue will be repopulated soon.

anybody??????

e-mail sent to alien before this post even came up we will see.

Anyone want to e-mail louie that would be cool

Well one of my remote Pentium D945 has only one core chugging away at 80% and the other is nowhere to be seen. Another box on a different state is 75% done which will also just try to get a wu and build up that sob.log for nothing

How about one of the guys who has the power map to where QQQsecondpass id be able to pick up any wu on the dropped queue. First pass or second pass, does not matter just give them work and not waste cpu cycle. A real bad thing for DC'ng or have we forgotten about that?

It certainly seems that the people who run this project aren't paying attention any more. They let the domain expire, and now they've let second pass run out of work. That's cost a lot of processing time so far this year, and perhaps a lot more before this gets resolved.
    "Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article." Get free DOS, OS/2 and Windows games at RGB Classic Games

Good Morning its Super Bowl sunday here in the US. Anybody home? Or are we folding the tent and turning off the light on this project????? Sometimes I just have the feeling. Is it just me?

It's not just you.
    "Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article." Get free DOS, OS/2 and Windows games at RGB Classic Games

Well the NY Giants won the biggest upset of the Superbowl against New England Patriots. Came to look around and the tent is gone, lights are out. Too bad.

I can hear the racket as they pour out of the stadium, I live one mile east of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    I can hear the racket as they pour out of the stadium, I live one mile east of it.
    Still early enough for you but what a great game and the biggest choke of the superbowl. Undeafeated until the game where it count the most. Like choking at the World Cup. Jeeeze

Ola anybody home???

Guten Tag or Grosse Gott. Anybody home???

Will we get new wu in time when firstpass ran out?
    Last edited by Joh14vers6; 02-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joh14vers6 View Post
    Will get new wu in time when firstpass ran out?
    I don't mind that one way or the other. Its just being a mushroom which irritates me. Yea half my herd are offline or not crunching. Just let us know.

Looks like Joh has already pointed out the possibility that I logged on to point out: it won't be that long before first pass runs out of work. Is this the end of Seventeen or Bust?

Maganda Umaga, anybody home????

first pasws is not in danger of running out it still has several months left. Don't mistake the current rate for a real rate its just the users going backto first pass from second pass that gives us and artificially inflated rate. we only average 90-110 tests per day work on first pass and the rate will soon reflectthis meaning that we will only be completing the 14m range in april may ish plenty of time for the admins to repopulate the crew and keep in mind this is a volunteer effort and if anyone thinks the admins arn't putting enouhg of their own time in PM them and offer to help. Remember noone is getting paid for this or paying anything for this except the admins who used a buttload of their own money to keep this project alive. BE NICE GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by Keroberts1 View Post
    first pasws is not in danger of running out it still has several months left. Don't mistake the current rate for a real rate its just the users going backto first pass from second pass that gives us and artificially inflated rate. we only average 90-110 tests per day work on first pass and the rate will soon reflectthis meaning that we will only be completing the 14m range in april may ish plenty of time for the admins to repopulate the crew and keep in mind this is a volunteer effort and if anyone thinks the admins arn't putting enouhg of their own time in PM them and offer to help. Remember noone is getting paid for this or paying anything for this except the admins who used a buttload of their own money to keep this project alive. BE NICE GUYS
    Did you read the whole thread? The issue is not because first pass is running out, but the secondpass users are not getting any wu. Now I know we are all busy and we all volunteered for this project. If I can personally correct the problem I would. Obviously I do not have the power. Do you believe nobody have PM'd the administrators yet?

Maybe you got the hook up and alert them to this issue. Then I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keroberts1 View Post
    first pass is not in danger of running out it still has several months left.
    Yes, I know that. I was taking a shot at the powers that be by suggesting that they won't notice when first pass runs out. Sadly, the joke is only half-hearted. With the way things have been going lately, it could happen. If they can let second pass run out of work, why can't they let the same thing happen to first pass? Once nobody is doing any work, we can all take our computers somewhere else.

Though it's slightly off topic and doesn't resolve the problem, I can't resist making publicity for sieving. It's the most efficient portion of the project 'cause it removes in the same time firstpass and secondpass candidates, and mainly candidates with huge "n". And for PSP.

Check it out at primegrid.com

I too wish I had made this publicity in another context.

Yours H.

i did read the whole thread over the course of a couple days and yes the second pass running out is a problem i just see to many people "taking shots at the admins" its not fair cause they all have jobs and maybewthey have been round less lately but maybe they just stopped reading the forums because they don't like being criticized for doing their best. i believe it is easy to e-mail the admins try that.

Quote Originally Posted by hhh View Post
    Though it's slightly off topic and doesn't resolve the problem, I can't resist making publicity for sieving. It's the most efficient portion of the project 'cause it removes in the same time firstpass and secondpass candidates, and mainly candidates with huge "n". And for PSP.

Check it out at primegrid.com

I too wish I had made this publicity in another context.

Yours H.
    If anyone runs BOINC specifically to help with the Sierpinski problem sieving, you need to make sure that you find the project selection portion of the site(somewhere in your user settings) and deselect all the other stuff. All the projects that PrimeGrid runs are automatically selected by default. Only 2(or maybe 3) of them involve the Sierpinski problem, and only one specifically involves sieving.