Thread: P-1 coordination thread - discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am running at B1=130000 at the moment. Yes, the residual is big, but I could zip them together with the worktodo.ini and host them on rapidshare or so. (Need just to figure out how that works.). H

Sure I'll run them with a fairly large B2 value. I have 2G so I should be able to run fairly large. How many G of memory do you have?

You know that you can break the secondstage into parts if you wish.

I have 512MB on the P4, and 1GB on the Core2Duo. I had 400MB assigned per instance on the C2D, but Windows became really slow. So I prefered to reduce it a bit.

Thanks, anyway, when I have enough residues together, I'll think about a way to send them to you. H.

hhh,

I have 2G on my quad core with generally 1500mb free. This is free memory even while running two instance of prp and two instances of llr.

I'm thinking I could run one instance of stage 2 on your residues pretty easy.

Not sure where you live, but in the US 2G of memory can often be purchased for 20-30 dollars after mail in rebate. Just a thought.

It's a notebook, and underclocked and undervolted when on battery. 2GB more will basically just empty my battery faster. Furthermore, waking up the computer from hibernate would take 2 times more time.

Sometimes, less is more. H.

Laptop... that explains it. When your ready let me know. Looks like we have some time for those tests with the recent repopulation.