Thread: Automated primality testing with LLRnet for CRUS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We shutdown 90% of our East Coast operations in the last 6 to 9 months. The hard times have reached Texas now. We shutdown 6 offices across Texas in the last 2 months. So I guess it is our turn in Houston to take a hit.

I'm not sure if I will be affected. [knocks on wood]

I currently wear 2 hats the 1st (and most important) is managing our commercial construction division which has not seen a downturn in the market, yet. And 2nd is running the IT department for our Southwest Division.

Just hedging my bets, hoping for the best and planning for the worst.
    -:Beyond:-

I have been kindly asked to stop finding primes, it seems the administrator(s) of the project are afraid that we are running out of potential primes. So I will be shutting down operations this evening.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Beyond,

I'm less than 12 hours to move the rest of my fleet to server port 100. So far I have 3/8 on it. Care to join me for a week? I'll stay there until I dry out the server.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
    Beyond,

I'm less than 12 hours to move the rest of my fleet to server port 100. So far I have 3/8 on it. Care to join me for a week? I'll stay there until I dry out the server.

Carlos
    I'll join you tomorrow.

On the job front, I have it on good authority (the owner) that the office closings are not scheduled till next month and I personnaly have no worries, my job is secure.

The only good thing about this mess, is I will have access to those other 2 offices machines when we move them to our office for storage. I have a "good" place picked out for storage (in my office).

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post

I was sweating bullets for a while .... too old to start over now.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    I'll join you tomorrow.
    I'm already there with 7 cores, more to add.

Carlos

I've added 5 of the 8 machines in my office at work. I'll start moving the home machines to port 100 when I get home in a couple of hours.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    IronBits, are you going to move the rest of your cores to server port 100?