Thread: Automated primality testing with LLRnet for CRUS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's Alive! Work is flowing again.

Hang in there Carlos, we will get the lower ranges knocked out.
    -:Beyond:-

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    It's Alive! Work is flowing again.

Hang in there Carlos, we will get the lower ranges knocked out.
    I'm trying hard...since my 6 am to 8 am I rebooted the server several times, then I gave up until 9 am, went to bed instead. When I woke up I managed to turn it up again when you turned off your machines...lol

I was trying to just start up a few at a time to keep from flooding the server this morning. It does not seem to be working. even though I got a bunch of results uploaded and a few tests downloaded it has locked up again.

I'm going to clear the caches on all the clients while I have access cut off to your server, then shut the clients down. At that point I will open access to your server again to upload the results.

Sorry for all the problems caused, I would have never dreamed llrnet could not handle the load.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Beyond,

Tnerual pointed me something useful that I though I already had. Microsoft introduced Win XP SP2 and limited the number of possible TCP connection attempts per second to 10 (from unlimited in SP1). I applied http://www.lvllord.de/ patch and increased that number to 100.
    More info in here.

I hope now the server can handle more connections per second. It's XP SP2 limitation and not llrnet one.

Carlos
    Last edited by em99010pepe; 02-24-2008 at 09:31 AM.

That is good to know. It seems to be working now. I will give it a while before ramping back up. I'm sure you realize that the higher we go in "n" value the less the load will be on the server connections, it is just a matter of time and all will smooth out.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    That is good to know. It seems to be working now. I will give it a while before ramping back up. I'm sure you realize that the higher we go in "n" value the less the load will be on the server connections, it is just a matter of time and all will smooth out.
    I wasn't here but the server went down from 18:51 to 20:03 and got up by itself...

Yes, as n goes high the number gets larger and so more time is needed to process and therefore less communications between clients/server.

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
    I wasn't here but the server went down from 18:51 to 20:03 and got up by itself...
    maybe it was the "pruning" job ... if llrnet is at a higher priority than llrserver, pruning job is going very slowly and server appears off during the whole time.

how to check that ? take a look at the knpairs.txt details (last modification time)

if time of knpairs.txt is around 20:03, increase priority of llrserver