Thread: Started on some stats..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Already do that in the .csv convert for results.txt... this is all temporary data I believe, so just get the look and feel down ...

Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    Already do that in the .csv convert for results.txt... this is all temporary data I believe, so just get the look and feel down ...
    But the CSV results aren't actually posted for stats systems like this one to download; obviously it wouldn't work too well to have the Free-DC system download all the results directly from the individual LLRnet servers, so I would think it would be most efficient simply to add a column for team name on the user stats page, so that Bok doesn't have to parse the usernames in order to get that info.

I do that already. Bok and I have not had time to work together on the importing mechanism yet.
    I asked him to take what he could out of my temporary trial db with the 'sample' of stats I have been importing as a trial to make sure it looked good.
    When Bok and I have time to hash out what I'm doing to get them into the database, he won't need to take them out of my database and port them into his database, we will be able to import directly from the .csv files that I generate, which are totally broken down 7 ways to Sunday, reliably.
    Give us some more time and enjoy what you have to look at as we work out the backend processing that I have been working hard on.

When we sure we have it all worked out, he will purge what he has, import AES's db first, then I'll be exporting the individual results.txt files that I have so he can import them also into the database, then we will continue the process on a daily basis, probably around 8am as it has been doing and the stats system will be complete.

sample .csv file as you can see, I break out the team names, the TYPE of server and PORT is taken from the filenaming convention I use for results.txt
    Everything you could possibly ask for has been broken down - just give Bok and I some time to work out my pre-processing into his merging routines into his database formate and enjoy what you have for now.

Free-DC tnerual 9/23/2008 8:43:04 305 2 538086 - 1 0 189C507D6B24EB89 906
    - Nomarcland 9/23/2008 8:56:39 395 2 538048 - 1 0 DE3EDE89F9AFB6D0 100329

Oh, his db resides on the same HDD as my db
    Carlos could send me his results.txt files and I can convert them to .csv files easily.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    IB, I sent you a PM with the link page where I store the C443 server results.

Carlos

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Not quite...

Your DB is on the forum server...

Oh, well you know how to fix that

sample .csv file as you can see, I break out the team names, the TYPE of server and PORT is taken from the filenaming convention I use for results.txt
    Everything you could possibly ask for has been broken down - just give Bok and I some time to work out my pre-processing into his merging routines into his database formate and enjoy what you have for now.

Free-DC tnerual 9/23/2008 8:43:04 305 2 538086 - 1 0 189C507D6B24EB89 906
    - Nomarcland 9/23/2008 8:56:39 395 2 538048 - 1 0 DE3EDE89F9AFB6D0 100329

Carlos could send me his results.txt files and I can convert them to .csv files easily.
    Ah, I get it now. Thanks for explaining.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I've loaded in all the csv files IB had, converted existing rows for the correct usernames (without the team in them) and added all the entries IB had for user/team pairs..

Ran my stats against this and results are

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=nplb

They still need verifying of course..

Bok

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Did you get the files from my server (C443)?

IB is still missing from Free-DC team.

IB, is it possible to add to the stats the candidates tested with the manual client?

Thanks Bok.