Thread: Eon ----- After all this time, DOES NOT WORK ON LINUX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Talking Our Laugh for the day

Lauren,
    I whole heartedly concur!!! Nothing like some in the group to give us the we need.

But, if all else fails... there is always , and I happen to know of one who can take the center out of a '0' on the pistol range.

I simply consider the source. As told to me 'show us the bacon'.... or in this case " Where's the beef? " (which would mean 'minimum system requirements, .NET version, SP level, start/proxy software version of the software... and not the 'spy on other team version' AND a 'README' / instruction file or POSTING RIGHT HERE!).

C

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

Blog Entries
    Well all I can say is the those 5 PC's must be off Grazing some place
    _Looking at the stats I alone did 90% more then your Whole team did for all of last month

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Lauren,
    I whole heartedly concur!!! Nothing like some in the group to give us the we need.

But, if all else fails... there is always , and I happen to know of one who can take the center out of a '0' on the pistol range.

I simply consider the source. As told to me 'show us the bacon'.... or in this case " Where's the beef? " (which would mean 'minimum system requirements, .NET version, SP level, start/proxy software version of the software... and not the 'spy on other team version' AND a 'README' / instruction file or POSTING RIGHT HERE!).

C
    I guess most of the information you ask for is on the downloadpage itself. It just works for me (if I run it) on a XP-32bit install (I don't know my .net-version as I'm currently not at home). If you have questions that can't be awnsered by you guys here try to ask the question at our forum (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...s/1314260/last is the current thread). English is normally no problem for us Dutch Power Cows.
    Member of The Dutch Power Cows
    Member of subteam Los Alcoholicos

Blog Entries

DPC EON .NET utility

Thanks,
    but I have withdrawn from participating in Eon.

My previous post was meant in the spirit of fun and inter-team competition.
    Please do not assume anything harsh by it.

With thanks.
    C.

No problems here.

It's a bit pity though that we DPC discovered eon a bit too late. Other teams are so far ahead of us...
    We need a lot more power on eon to participate in de overall-stats. We have now about 4-5 guy's semi-active on eon. Daily-stats we can manage if LAUREN2 doesn't use all the traffic from the project.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaverius View Post
    No problems here.

It's a bit pity though that we DPC discovered eon a bit too late. Other teams are so far ahead of us...
    We need a lot more power on eon to participate in de overall-stats. We have now about 4-5 guy's semi-active on eon. Daily-stats we can manage if LAUREN2 doesn't use all the traffic from the project.
    Too late I am just about ready to swap out my old (3 Months) 10/100 Liksys router with a New 100/1000 Gigabit Linksys Router
    To Handle even more Bandwidth
    There are just to to many WU's Not getting to all my Nodes

Blog Entries

Talking Routers, Switches, and Wires.... Oh My!

Lauren,
    While you are at it... (if I may suggest)... add a 2nd (or #2 & #3) 100/1000 high speed switch(es) for the 'inside' (trusted) side. And for those machines with dual ports, let them do the aggregating / traffic routing on their own or configure them manually.

Doing that here made a HUGE difference. local host-host communications is across two parallel switches, both, with in/out traffic coming into the 'backbone' via an uplink to one. It has a wonderful benefit of allowing both hard and soft 'partitioning' of the net.

Aggregating/multi-pathing the switches & routers makes it rather 'insane' with performance. It made the difference between having to store locally and then process on the 'big machine' vs just storing it on the 'work space' on the 'big machine'. (It's not uncommon for me to be laying down 768KB/sec/channel of raw audio during a recording session.) You can see how you will end up 'finding a use' for the bandwidth real fast. I did with 13->16 microphones around the piano. Then think of what I have to do for the end product after tweaking, downsampling, and final laydown ISOs for the DVD and CD along with a 'FLAC' set.

Not to mention, you can *FINALLY* get the 'GOOD' upgrade for your flight sim program and REALLY have a nice big database and fast PVM/NUMA cluster to play it on.

Enjoy!
    C

PS: Let me know if you want someone to store and forward packets for you while you make the switchover. I wouldn't want you to miss any work packets.

Blog Entries
    hahaha The new router is just for my crunchers on EoN because of the large bandwidth requirements of the project and the expansion of my Pharm
    Not for My personal use the 10/100 router on the 2nd DSL line is just fine for that

And I would not know the first thing about 'partitioning' the net. dual ports, aggregating or traffic routing
    I am just a dumb plumber with a thick head

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    Too late I am just about ready to swap out my old (3 Months) 10/100 Liksys router with a New 100/1000 Gigabit Linksys Router
    To Handle even more Bandwidth
    There are just to to many WU's Not getting to all my Nodes
    The getting not enough WU's is not a problem here, I guess the WU's like a short holiday in the Netherlands.
    And no, I don't live in Amsterdam.

The problem here is not having enough cashflow to get some more machines crunching.

Blog Entries
    Good choice on the router..... The Gigabit will do you well! If I could show the back of some of our rigs, you would typically see about 14 of them (2 per cabinet) across the top along with the fibre loop.

Personally, I think just a plain fast switch could have saved you a few bucks, requires NO configuration (a benefit for ya), and is easy as pie to swap out! But, not knowing the pharm heirarchy, you know what's best.

Sounds like it will haul buns either way!

C.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaverius View Post

Want to try NPLB project? Fast wu's in there....